2.5 GB limit on OPS

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

Bala@maxval

2.5 GB limit on OPS

Post by Bala@maxval » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:40 pm

Hi All,

We (MaxVal) are providing free patent tools to the public through data extracted from INPADOC and recently we have stumbled upon this limit.

What are the options available to continue providing these tools? Any help/suggestion is very much appreciated.

Best,
Bala

EPO / OPS Support

Re: 2.5 GB limit on OPS

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:06 am

Dear user,

This has been fully described on our OPS webpages: http://www.epo.org/searching/free/ops.html and announcements in this forum. I am not sure what more information would you still require.

Kind regards,
OPS support

Bala@maxval

Post by Bala@maxval » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:57 am

How would I choose to pay for this? Should I create a deposit account and pay upfront? or can I pay as I use basis?

EPO / OPS Support

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:51 pm

Dear user,

On the website that I've mentioned before there is an email address of the department dealing with OPS queries. You have to ask those questions there and give them all needed information about your company so that they can check you out first.

As far as we see you did not even register for free access so how do you know you will be needing over 2,5 GB per week? Please do not forget that OPS is not suppose to be used for bulk downloading of data (see Fair Use Charter on our website).

Kind regards,

OPS support