403 error - Developer account is blocked

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

rfaga

403 error - Developer account is blocked

Post by rfaga » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:55 pm

Hi,

I created my developer account and I'm using python-epo-ops-client to access the OPS API. I added some prints to understand why I'm getting 403 error when I try any operation as a registered user. I can see I get successfully my access token:

Code: Select all

>>> self.access_token.response.content
{
  "issued_at" : "1456234746567",
  "application_name" : "----------c361-4d36----------------",
  "scope" : "core",
  "status" : "approved",
  "api_product_list" : "[ops31-prod]",
  "expires_in" : "1199",
  "developer.email" : "--------@----------",
  "token_type" : "BearerToken",
  "client_id" : "XXX",
  "access_token" : "of5Cpn8Ag1yoQXmgZlWwX237L58f",
  "organization_name" : "epo",
  "refresh_token_expires_in" : "0",
  "refresh_count" : "0"
}
But then any post that I try I get this error:

Code: Select all

>>> response = self._post(url, data, extra_headers) # related to _make_request code on RegisteredClient at api.py file
>>> response.content
'<error><code>403</code><message>Developer account is blocked</message>\n\t\t\t\t</error>\n\t\t\t'
I can see I have my status approved also for my both applications that I have registered, and if I try to use the access token generated by ops-dev console ( https://apigee.com/ops-dev/embed/console/ops31-prod ) then I can make my code work (while this token is valid).

Is there any other thing that I need to make with my account?

Thanks

EPO / OPS Support

Re: 403 error - Developer account is blocked

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:42 am

Hi,

I don't know what that could be because I don't know your user ID to check the status of your registration. So please send us an email instead of writing on this forum and we will have a look at your account.

But usually, 403 error is indication that you are too quick with your requests (recognised as a robot) and that you fail to obey OPS limitations or throttling (all described in OPS documentation).

Anyhow, please send us an email (you have our email on all registration-related notifications) and we will have a closed look.

Regards,

OPS support