403 - This request has been reject

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

likharev

403 - This request has been reject

Post by likharev » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:47 am

Hi,
documentation says, "Request is made to any resource that will be blocked (blacklisting)"

Service was running in the anonymous ( not-throttled ) mode for the initial test,
now I'm ready to deploy with registered account and correct throttling and I see this error.

I understand this is due to quota overbooking, but is it temp and will go away after some time
or I have to move to a new IP address?

Thank you.

EPO / OPS Support

Re: 403 - This request has been reject

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:32 am

Dear user,

Please see response we already gave in Announcement section "V 3.1 of OPS is now the regular production version"

Kind regards,
OPS support

likharev

Post by likharev » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:02 pm

Dear OPS support,
I haven't found the answer for my question in the referred article, again I'm getting 403, reason Blacklisted, I need to understand if this is temporary blocking or permanent.

Thank you.

EPO / OPS Support

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:17 pm

Dear user,

I am talking about this:
All is described in the OPS documentation (see Dynamic monitoring, Throttling (no of requests allowed in specific OPS service)), and we replied to several forum questions regarding that.

The developer should program his software to catch 403 errors and reduce traffic usage accordingly. As a general rule there are 3 types of quota enforced:

Weekly limit of 2.5 Gb - refreshed every 7 days on Monday
Hourly limit enforcing the 1Mbps fair use policy (this equates to about 450MB) - refreshed after an hour
request rate limits to enforce the fair use policy - refreshed after a few minutes

All Apps registered would share the 2.5GB quota per week.

If more than 1 IP address is used, then they would get more than 1Mbps.

If they share an IP address they would have to share the 1Mbps.

There is a possibility to allow a second developer registration but the shared IP address limit above would still apply.
[/quote]

It does not matter if you are using it anonymously or as registers user, this is always the same. In anonymous modus you are limited to only 30 request per minute and you also have daily quota (instead of weekly) which is 100 MB per day and will be refreshed after 24 hours (rolling-window).

Does this makes it clearer?

Kind regards,
OPS support

scruffy

Post by scruffy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:06 pm

I believe OPS has blacklisted a number of domains that are used by shared hosting services. This may be your problem, as well as mine.

EPO / OPS Support

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:54 am

As mentioned in my thread to you, we have no reason to close access to any accounts if users respect rules and regulations in OPS Fair Use Charter. All users that have had any issue with blocked IP's have been taken care off. If someone still have problems with accessing OPS they should write to our email address right away.

Kind regards,
OPS support