500 Internal Server Error, SERVER.DomainAccess

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

sparaflash

500 Internal Server Error, SERVER.DomainAccess

Post by sparaflash » Tue May 07, 2019 10:56 am

Hello there, I am not sure if I have to open a new topic for this kind of error. I hope the moderator could move the topic if it's not well placed.

Anyhow I am getting this response continuously:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<fault xmlns="http://ops.epo.org">
    <code>SERVER.DomainAccess</code>
    <message>The request could not be processed. Please try again later</message>
</fault>
This is my request (done with this python client: https://pypi.org/project/python-epo-ops-client/):

url = 'https://ops.epo.org/3.2/rest-services/published-data/search/biblio'
q = '(cpc=A and pd within "20000125 20000125")'
headers = {'User-Agent': 'python-requests/2.19.1', 'Accept-Encoding': 'gzip, deflate', 'Accept': 'application/xml', 'Connection': 'keep-alive', 'Content-Type': 'text/plain', 'X-OPS-Range': '801-900', 'Content-Length': '53'}
Hope someone could give me a clue about the error.

EPO / OPS Support

Re: 500 Internal Server Error, SERVER.DomainAccess

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Tue May 07, 2019 1:55 pm

Hi,

I have tried out your URL request just now and it worked ok for me. It gives 1056 results today. I can only suggest that you try again. Error 500 usually means that there is a problem with conneting to the service as such, but I am not aware of any issues today and as said, I did try the query just now and I had no issues.

Regards,
Vesna for OPS support

sparaflash

Post by sparaflash » Tue May 07, 2019 2:38 pm

EPO / OPS Support wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 1:55 pm
Hi,

I have tried out your URL request just now and it worked ok for me. It gives 1056 results today. I can only suggest that you try again. Error 500 usually means that there is a problem with conneting to the service as such, but I am not aware of any issues today and as said, I did try the query just now and I had no issues.

Regards,
Vesna for OPS support
Thanks for the quick reply. I also get the 1056 possible result that I would like to bulk download.

My problem is the download of this batch: 'X-OPS-Range': '801-900'

My app is sleeping for quite some time when it hits against a 500, but it was not able to get past that point in a couple of days.

EPO / OPS Support

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Wed May 08, 2019 6:17 am

Oh, that is important information, thank you. It seems there is an issue in the batch from 801 to 900. I will try to narrow it down and then inform relevant department to fix that specific data. Usually that means that one or more documents cause issues and need to be reloaded or otherwise replaced. I will let you know when it will get fixed.

Thanks for the hint

Vesna for OPS

EPO / OPS Support

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Wed May 08, 2019 6:27 am

If you leave our 811 (for now) you can download the rest of the results. Please try and let me know if you came to the same conclusion. I will inform respective department to check what that record 811 is and see if they can replace or even remove (if the document is there my error)

Regards,
Vesna

sparaflash

Post by sparaflash » Mon May 13, 2019 8:32 am

Thanks for the assistance.

I am leaving out the defective record.

Meanwhile I think I have also found another one for the following request (2000-03-07) in the bulk 701-800.

'https://ops.epo.org/3.2/rest-services/published-data/search/biblio'
q = '(cpc=A and pd within "20000307 20000307")'
{'User-Agent': 'python-requests/2.19.1', 'Accept-Encoding': 'gzip, deflate', 'Accept': 'application/xml', 'Connection': 'keep-alive', 'Content-Type': 'text/plain', 'X-OPS-Range': '701-800', 'Content-Length': '53'}
I will try to update my script to isolate the single record when I have more time.

Is there a way to report defective records other than the forum?

EPO / OPS Support

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Tue May 14, 2019 6:06 am

Hi,

You can send me email directly to patentdata(at)epo.org

Regards,
Vesna for OPS support