Adding a patent number to a search

Lampist

Adding a patent number to a search

Post by Lampist » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:09 am

I have been given a Patent number to research but no other information. I can make a reasonable guess on the possible date range which is mainly pre 1900 I have found out that it is most probably British - all of which I can put into the search. What I cannot include is the actual patent number which would help considerably but I have yet to discover if it is possible. Some advise or direction would be appreciated. Thank you.

Patent Information Marketing

Re: Adding a patent number to a search

Post by Patent Information Marketing » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:20 pm

Dear user,
You can search with Espacenet for specific numbers: e.g. simply put any patent number into the smart search field (e.g. pn=GB178201321). You may also use a fraction of the number in combination with wild cards (e.g. pn=17820132*). You can also use the criteria given if you do not have the number, but there are very many documents from GB meeting the specified criteria. If you know the technical field you can find classifications that would allow you to focus your search to the specific domain. You may also consult our support material at the Espacenet page and our recent Espacenet online seminar.
Please clarify your question further in case the above does not help.
Kind regards

Kertzmann

Post by Kertzmann » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:33 pm

Enter the patent number without commas and when using the USPTO website the patent number must be seven numbers in length (add preceding zero's if necessary). Examples: Google Patents enter the patent number in the search box. USPTO website enter the patent number in the search box.
Last edited by Kertzmann on Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Patent Information Marketing » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:35 pm

Thank you for your hint!
Kind regards

BernieJane

Post by BernieJane » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:44 am

Hello, I'm glad if what I know can help you all you need to do is Enter the patent number without commas and when using the USPTO website the patent number should be seven digits long.
Last edited by BernieJane on Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

EdnaHelen

Post by EdnaHelen » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:40 am

Thank you for asking a really good question, I have the same question but don't know how to describe it.