Address information - Applicant & Inventor

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

BlazedCode

Address information - Applicant & Inventor

Post by BlazedCode » Tue May 07, 2019 10:11 am

Good day

I'm new to OPS, but did do some searching :oops:

When looking at the Biblio info for publications, where can I find the address information for Applicants & Inventors? Event for entities that are not natural persons.
It appears that this info isn't available. I read somewhere that it has been removed for natural persons on PATSTAT, does that include OPS also?
I want to use the OPS service instead of Patentscope's Webservice (who does include the info even to the general public when searching on the website), is this information not available from OPS? :cry:
Please help

EPO / OPS Support

Re: Address information - Applicant & Inventor

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Tue May 07, 2019 1:58 pm

Hi,

The EPO do not offer any inventors private details, no. We are following GDPR data privacy regulation as far as this is possible in patent information.

Regards
Vesna for OPS

BlazedCode

Post by BlazedCode » Thu May 09, 2019 10:31 am

Ok thanks that makes sense :D
I had a closer look at patentscope and they also have no address info for natural individuals/inventors (I was incorrect in my previous statement :oops: ).
But why can't I find the address for the applicant? For example if it's a university, I only get the name.

Furthermore, which property within Bibliographic-Data's "Applicant" would contain the address?
I only find the following properties within "Applicant": sequence; data-format; applicant-name but no "address" property.

EPO / OPS Support

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Fri May 10, 2019 7:39 am

Hi,

I would suggest that you have a look at the OPS Register or European Patent Register website:https://www.epo.org/searching-for-paten ... html#tab-1 and use data from there. EP official register publishes only EP and EURO-PCT applications and grants and therefore underlies to different rules than other products of the EPO. There you will find also inventor details as well as applicant and attorney info, which we don't have in other OPS services,

Regards,
Vesna