Search found 49 matches

by alexthurgood
Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:01 pm
Forum: General
Topic: EU commission recommends supporting OpenDocument format
Replies: 1
Views: 3007

Re: EU commission recommends supporting OpenDocument format

A brief follow-up : The UK government has recently announced mandatory usage of ODF as one of the standardised document formats, to the exclusion of OOXML, for use in its exchanges with its citizens. Since 2011, Denmark was also supposed to have the same requirement. The French government and variou...
by alexthurgood
Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:57 am
Forum: Installation and maintenance
Topic: Possible to run both standalone local server AND client?
Replies: 5
Views: 4861

Re: Possible to run both standalone local server AND client?

As far as I can tell, the problem seems to be that the server will only accept one version of the client ini file.
by alexthurgood
Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:54 am
Forum: Patent Management System Integration
Topic: Remote signing using OSX
Replies: 2
Views: 7328

Re: Remote signing using OSX

Hi, If you can see the smartcard from within OSX, and if Jump can read locally connected USB card readers, then you might be able to import the certificates into your remote session and use them from there. Last time I tried to get OSX to read my card, neither compiling and installing OpenSC nor try...
by alexthurgood
Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:26 am
Forum: Online Filing v 5
Topic: Connection to server lost in the morning
Views: 2185

Re: Connection to server lost in the morning

Several possibilities spring to mind : - you have a backup service that runs during the night and which shuts down those services ; - Windows energy saving option is on, and this shuts down non-essential network services (seems to be everything but WOL (wake-on-lan) ; - a screensaver (maybe linked t...
by alexthurgood
Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:21 pm
Forum: PatXML
Topic: ODF support in PatXML
Replies: 0
Views: 4306

ODF support in PatXML

Isn't it about time the EPO finally joined the bandwagon ?

Now the EU interop commission has spoken :
https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/community/o ... ent-format

Alex Thurgood
by alexthurgood
Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:18 pm
Forum: General
Topic: EU commission recommends supporting OpenDocument format
Views: 3007

EU commission recommends supporting OpenDocument format

Happy New Year to all, So here we are once more, finally the EU commission has recommended directly supporting ODF : https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/community/osor/news/ec-recommends-supporting-open-document-format Where does the EPO stand on the question (again) ? I note, with some despair, that in the...
by alexthurgood
Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:05 pm
Forum: PDF issues
Topic: Adobe Acrobat Reader 10.1.4 not recognized
Views: 3291

Adobe Acrobat Reader 10.1.4 not recognized

I did an update of eOLF last week via the inegrated check update and installation facility. However, since that update, whenever I try to launch a PCTRO101 request form, I get an error message that Adobe Acrobat Reader is not installed. My version of AAR, is 10.1.4 FR - what has happened ? The optio...
by alexthurgood
Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:47 pm
Forum: Archive
Topic: BISSAP - copying multiple features between sequences
Views: 5919

BISSAP - copying multiple features between sequences

Hi all, I've been using BISSAP to prepare sequence listings instead of PatentIn, and I find it rather good, well, certainly an improvement on the latter once you get used to some of its quirks (like screen redrawing issues). I was looking for a way to copy a sequence that I had already entered, and ...
by alexthurgood
Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:39 pm
Forum: Archive
Topic: BISSAP in multi-user server mode
Views: 6374

BISSAP in multi-user server mode

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me whether BISSAP can be installed in client-server mode, and if so, how ?

Thanks in advance for any information you might have.

Best regards,

Alex Thurgood
by alexthurgood
Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:46 pm
Forum: PDF issues
Topic: PDF creation (Amyuni gone?)
Replies: 9
Views: 8697

Re: PDF creation (Amyuni gone?)

we recently had an application with a lot of mathematical formulas and not a single tool (e.g. Bullzip, DoPdf, FreePdf, Foxit, etc.) managed to create a 100% version from the original Winword document (created with Mathtype, btw.), only Amyuni and Acrobat 10 delivered a valid result. Despite not be...