Search found 4 matches

by smartrah
Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:33 am
Forum: PATSTAT Product Line
Topic: "Dead or Alive" identification of patents
Replies: 1
Views: 2399

Re: "Dead or Alive" identification of patents

I have something to add to my post, especially wrt Chinese legal status codes on fee payments. On this website - http://www.stn-international.com/stn_news_message_2017.html?&cHash=2d65f6b15e7bce61e710cb77ab61da04&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=2044 I saw the following codes for fee payments: PAYMENT OF ...
by smartrah
Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:57 pm
Topic: "Dead or Alive" identification of patents
Replies: 1
Views: 2399

"Dead or Alive" identification of patents

Hello PATSTAT users, I would like to ask what is the preferred way to identify whether a patent is dead or alive (in general)? I am using the value "PAYMNT" in column "lecg_name" of tls803. If the PAYMNT event is "recent". Then I am assuming the patent is currently acti...
by smartrah
Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:59 am
Topic: Estimating US patent "oppositions"
Replies: 3
Views: 3223

Re: Estimating US patent "oppositions"

Thank you Martin for your answer. I will look forward to the new version of PATSTAT. Meanwhile, I have a possible irregularity to point out in "OPPOS" groupings. When searching for opposed EP patents, OPPOS also returns patents where "no opposition was filed". For example, patent...
by smartrah
Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:01 am
Topic: Estimating US patent "oppositions"
Replies: 3
Views: 3223

Estimating US patent "oppositions"

Hello! I have been trying to find out how many "oppositions" a certain company is involved in in the USPTO. I used PATSTAT online (spring 2018) and used "OPPOS" as lecg_name in tls803_legal_event_code. I understand "OPPOS" contains reexaminations, covered business metho...