Very useful to have this kind of guide, thanks very much
by bjurgens
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:04 am
Forum: Searching
Topic: export results limit
Replies: 3
Views: 4046

Re: export results limit

Thanks for the quick reply. I understand that Espacenet is not meant to be a tool for mass downloading (although similar free tools like patentscope allows up to 10.000 documents to be exported), but when you say that you do not allow it for performance reasons, I do not understand the logic why is ...
by bjurgens
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:09 pm
Topic: Applicant country
Replies: 4
Views: 5603

Re: Applicant country

Is then there is no way to formulate the applicant country search in a single query (without manually using the filter menus or other tricks)?
by bjurgens
Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:41 pm
Topic: export results limit
Views: 4046

export results limit

When exporting patents of the result list via the download menu, there is a limit of 500 max. results. I thought this is a limitation from ESPACENET not to download more than 500 at once, but it seems that the download formular does not let me write a number higher than 500, for example, to tell esp...
by bjurgens
Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:16 pm
Forum: Search tips
Topic: Some patent numbers are not searchable in Espacenet
Views: 4054

Re: Some patent numbers are not searchable in Espacenet

Dear Espacenet Team: thanks for the clarification about the number format!
Dear G. Rotondo: the number I used as an example was FR2008051542, which is not the patent you mention.
Best regards from Spain!
by bjurgens
Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:52 pm
Topic: Some patent numbers are not searchable in Espacenet
Views: 4054

Some patent numbers are not searchable in Espacenet

Dear Espacenet Team why is it that some patent numbers are not searchable in Espacenet (e.g via Smart Search by entering the number) but in other databases like GPI (via the NUM field identifier) or Patentscope (via search in Frontpage) we get a result? An example is when searching for FR2008051542....
by bjurgens
Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:46 am
Forum: PATSTAT Product Line
Topic: PATSTAT Online version 2.3.4
Replies: 2
Views: 3279

Re: PATSTAT Online version 2.3.4

Dear PATSTAT Team
the link "How to load PATSTAT data" on your website http://www.epo.org/searching-for-patent ... tstat.html seems to be broken.
All best
Björn
by bjurgens
Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:26 pm
Topic: Patent citations ESPACENET vs. Fulltext
Replies: 1
Views: 1737

Patent citations ESPACENET vs. Fulltext

Hello Espacenet Team I was wondering why in some cases the number of patent citations (backward) that shows ESPACENET is different to the ones in the full text document. For example: patent EP2604284 shows in CITED DOCUMENTS no NPL cited by the applicant, whereas in the EP fulltext on the last page ...
by bjurgens
Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:14 am
Topic: Result List- selection of reference documents
Replies: 5
Views: 4432

Re: Result List- selection of reference documents

Dear Espacenet Team Since I had the same doubt about the reference documents I was quite glad to have found this thread. I was wondering if you communicate these kind of operational changes in espacenet to the patent information community (e.g in the newsletters or the patent information bulletin). ...
by bjurgens
Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:55 pm
Forum: PATSTAT Product Line
Topic: representative document of patent family
Replies: 1
Views: 1670

representative document of patent family

Dear PATSTAT Team I was wondering if PATSTAT has a way to identify a representative document of the patent family to which the selected document belongs when displaying result lists, using the rule set you use for ESPACENET (=> "Espacenet reference documents" in: https://www.epo.org/search...