Search found 120 matches

by mkracker
Mon May 10, 2021 7:24 am
Forum: PATSTAT Product Line
Topic: MS SQL Server Create Scripts for PATSTAT 2021 Spring Edition
Replies: 1
Views: 1254

Re: MS SQL Server Create Scripts for PATSTAT 2021 Spring Edition

The create scripts are in the documentation package. E.g. for PATSTAT Global it is named "index_documentation_scripts_PATSTAT_Global_2021_Spring.zip". Like the data, you can download it from EPO's Bulk Download Platform. Naturally, a PATSTAT subscription is required.
by mkracker
Tue May 04, 2021 10:15 am
Topic: PATSTAT 2021 Spring edition ready for download
Replies: 2
Views: 2010

Re: PATSTAT 2021 Spring edition ready for download

The new version of PATSTAT Online, containing the Spring 2021 data is likely to be released this week.
by mkracker
Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:07 pm
Forum: Linked open EP data/open EP bulk data
Topic: Access information changed for “EP full-text data for text analytics”
Replies: 0
Views: 3794

Access information changed for “EP full-text data for text analytics”

The location of this data set on Google Cloud Storage has changed. It is now available in bucket “ep-fulltext-for-text-analytics”. After signing into Google you may access the bucket via https://console.cloud.google.com/storage/browser/ep-fulltext-for-text-analytics. For downloading larger volumes i...
by mkracker
Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:00 am
Topic: Data import error of tls206_part02.csv
Replies: 6
Views: 35540

Re: Data import error of tls206_part02.csv

Hi Frank, We work with an MS SQL Server 2017 database, from which we are extracting the CSV files,. So I myself have no hands-on experience in loading CSV files into the database. Nevertheless, according to the documentation of the BULK INSERT https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/t-sql/statements/bu...
by mkracker
Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:37 am
Topic: Data import error of tls206_part02.csv
Replies: 6
Views: 35540

Re: Data import error of tls206_part02.csv

Hi Frank, It is difficult to comment regarding data loading, because it depends on the tools and the configuration used. So I had a look at the data to see what's so special for the data you reported. The first error in your log file refers to row 8092915, column 2 (person_name). I checked this row ...
by mkracker
Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:44 am
Topic: Update for "EP full-text data for text analytics"
Views: 11814

Re: Update for "EP full-text data for text analytics"

There is a new release available. It now contains all EP publications from 1978 (publication number 1) to week 05 of 2021.
by mkracker
Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:21 am
Topic: Where should I ask for Patent Ontology related question?
Views: 1969

Re: Where should I ask for Patent Ontology related question?

Hi Leon,

You can give your questions, suggestions or feedback here in this forum or at the Patent Information helpdesk epal@epo.org .

Best regards,
Martin
by mkracker
Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:55 am
Topic: CPC ontology in .owl or .obo format
Views: 1522

Re: CPC ontology in .owl or .obo format

Hi Mariana, I am neither much familiar with OWL nor am I using protégé. Still, my 2 cents: To my knowledge, the only available data set containing the CPC patent classification in Linked Data format is in EPO's "EP linked open data" (product page: https://www.epo.org/linked-data . It has been modell...
by mkracker
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:43 am
Topic: Counting patents by IPC subclass
Views: 740

Re: Counting patents by IPC subclass

Dear PATSTAT user, Thanks you for your precise question. However, I doubt that your query ever worked. The error "Invalid column name 'ipc_subclass' " is in the GROUP BY clause. The attribute "ipc-subclass" does not exist in the database. It is just defined in the SELECT clause as an alias for "LEFT...
by mkracker
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:06 pm
Topic: Concordance table between IPC and NACE2
Replies: 0
Views: 747

Concordance table between IPC and NACE2

NACE2 is the Statistical Classification of Economic Activities in the European Community, Rev. 2 (2008) ( N omenclature statistique des a ctivités économiques dans la C ommunauté e uropéenne). It serves a similar purpose as the SIC (Standard Industrial Classification) and the NAICS (North American I...