Search found 19 matches

by knikonor
Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:46 pm
Forum: PATSTAT Product Line
Topic: Correctness of applications and publications counting
Replies: 7
Views: 2690

Re: Correctness of applications and publications counting

Maybe I was not correct with the 1-st question. What I really need to count is not the date of first publication but priority date as in Espacenet for every application. And then I need to count them per year.

Is that possible?

Best regards,
Kirill.
by knikonor
Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:56 pm

Hello Geert! I have analyzed my results with the great help of your scripts and could you please clarify the following facts: 1. I see that mindate here goes to first publication date but not prority date as it goes from Espacenet? E.g. I have the following patent: appln_id appln_auth appln_nr appln...
by knikonor
Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:07 pm

Hi Geert, thanks a lot again. I have tried your query e.g. SQL1 (from table) and got different results for my 2013 April database. Is that correct and not all data was included in this version? Is 2016 version more rich with data? E.g. your data: 2005 11230 6351 2006 11346 6169 2007 11811 6451 2008 ...
by knikonor
Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:28 pm

Hello Geert! Thanks so much for your explanations. Seems first example query does what I need to. Can you please clarify if I am right when using also IPC class query to handle B82Y applications like: or tls209_appln_ipc.ipc_class_symbol like 'B82Y%' does it have any meaning? Also for the second exa...
by knikonor
Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:30 pm

Correctness of applications and publications counting

Hello to All! Can someone help me and point where I am not correct in querying patent numbers? I am using Patastat April 2013 version of database offline currently. What I need to get is total number of granted patents (publication) vs total number of filled applications by period, say 1930-2013 and...
by knikonor
Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:29 pm
Topic: Searching in PATSTAT by Priority Data
Replies: 2
Views: 1753

Re: Searching in PATSTAT by Priority Data

Hello Geert! Thank you very much! It works fine for seraching data from one patent. But what I need is to count the amount of patents per year in classification tree by B82Y class number. To solve that first I use the following script to get all B82Y applications per year: use patstatapril2013 SELEC...
by knikonor
Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:41 pm
Topic: Searching in PATSTAT by Priority Data
Replies: 2
Views: 1753

Searching in PATSTAT by Priority Data

Hello colleagues! I have a question regarding searching priority data (especially dates) in PATSTAT. I am frustrated in what table this data is. It is marked as field 30 in WO* form like e.g. in: https://worldwide.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/originalDocument?FT=D&date=20100910&DB=EPODOC...
by knikonor
Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:55 pm
Topic: What applications are in PATSTAT?
Replies: 3
Views: 3290

Re: What applications are in PATSTAT?

Dear colleagues!

Maybe this is not trivial question? All I'd like to find out is what kind of applications
are present in PATSTAT. Can I find e.g. rejected applications?

Many thanks for your help!
Kirill.
by knikonor
Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:26 pm
Topic: What applications are in PATSTAT?
Replies: 3
Views: 3290

What applications are in PATSTAT?

Hello to all! Maybe a dumb question but help me please to find out if PATSTAT holds all applications inside, I mean: - registered and published - registered and granted a patent - declined or rejected for grant by any reason but still published etc. May I say that I can find ALL applications regardl...
by knikonor
Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:02 pm
Topic: Unique inventors names identification problem
Replies: 1
Views: 1891

Unique inventors names identification problem

Hello to all colleagues, does anybody faced (and maybe solved) the old-known problem with identification of unique inventors names in PATSTAT? The problem is also named "John Smith" problem. It was discussed in the article "THE “NAMES GAME”: HARNESSING INVENTORS’ PATENT DATA FOR ECONO...