Search found 174 matches

by EPO / Patent Information
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:37 am
Forum: Patent Information Matters
Topic: East meets West 2020 forum now open for registration!
Replies: 0
Views: 41

East meets West 2020 forum now open for registration!

Dear users, The EPO’s annual East meets West forum, which helps users to keep track of IP changes and to learn how to search efficiently in the growing amount of patent data in Asia and other jurisdictions, will take place again in Vienna, Austria on 23 and 24 April 2020. This year, in the plenary s...
Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:24 pm
Topic: Association number search
Replies: 2
Views: 149

Re: Association number search

Dear kwilliams, Thank you for your enquiry. We would like to inform you that it is not possible to search for associations of professional representatives as this information is not available to the public. If you have any further questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact th...
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:58 pm
Topic: transfer patent
Replies: 1
Views: 55

Re: transfer patent

The registration of a transfer (assignment) of a pending European patent application is recorded in the Register of European Patents at the request of an interested party. There is no prescribed form (or templates) for such requests , which requires to be made by letter, fax or online quoting the ap...
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:45 pm
Forum: Classic Espacenet
Topic: Browsers supported
Views: 165

Browsers supported

Dear users,
Please be informed that Espacenet supports the
following browsers (starting from the indicated browser version):
  • Google Chrome: 64
  • Mozilla Firefox: 60
  • Microsoft Edge: 44
  • Internet Explorer: 11
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:20 am
Topic: Can I use certified copy of form 1 (proof of right to make an application) as an assignment for subsequent filing at EPO
Replies: 2
Views: 344

Re: Can I use certified copy of form 1 (proof of right to make an application) as an assignment for subsequent filing at

Dear Abhijit, Pursuant to Rule 22(3) EPC, a request for the registration of a transfer of a European patent application in the European Patent Register must be accompanied by documentary evidence of the transfer. In principle, this is the assignment document itself or a confirmatory declaration sign...
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:22 pm
Forum: Classic Espacenet
Topic: NEW Espacenet now under https://worldwide.espacenet.com/
Views: 1030

NEW Espacenet now under https://worldwide.espacenet.com/

Please take note that the LINK https://worldwide.espacenet.com/ which used to lead to Classic Espacenet is now automatically leading you to the New Espacenet . Further information on the release of New Espacenet to be found HERE as well as on the related forum . :idea: Access to Classic Espacenet ca...
Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:00 pm
Forum: European Patent Register and Register Alert
Topic: Field definitions in Register alert data
Views: 1689

Re: Field definitions in Register alert data

Dear gerben,
Thank you for indicating this error. We will initiate an update to the text immediately. The number of characters allowed in the reference and description field were very recently updated to 25 in the reference field and 100 in the description field.
Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:02 am
Forum: Search tips
Topic: Protection scop of SPC
Views: 3694

Re: Protection scop of SPC

Dear Karen1980, In answer to your enquiry concerning what you describe as possible infringement of a patent, we regret not to be able to advise you on this matter since the misuse/infringement of a patent in accordance with Article 64 (3) of the European Patent Convention (EPC) is an issue of nation...
Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:22 pm
Forum: Search tips
Topic: How can I download a document with more than 500 pages?
Views: 3333

How can I download a document with more than 500 pages?

:?: I need to download a document that contains over 500 pages but "Document too large" appears and I have to save the document one page at a time. Is there any way to get the whole document at once? :!: Not via Espacenet, but alternatively all EP and Euro-PCT documents (published applications and g...