Search found 13 matches

by torben
Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:40 am
Forum: PATSTAT Product Line
Topic: Identifying patents based on citation from different technological fields
Replies: 1
Views: 1656

Identifying patents based on citation from different technological fields

Hello, I'm trying to create a complex query. My objective is to find patents that cite at least three patents from different technological fields. I have already created a search string which shows me the technological fields of the cited patents. I still need to check whether there are at least thr...
by torben
Fri May 18, 2018 10:15 am
Topic: Help with counting backward citation
Replies: 5
Views: 3843

Re: Help with counting backward citation

Hi, thanks for your comment. I thought about the german concept of IPC classification. But the other aspect of my comment is the question whether it is possible to select patents with three backward citations (yes first query) and three different technology fields (this is the unknown part of the qu...
by torben
Wed May 16, 2018 1:02 pm
Topic: Help with counting backward citation
Replies: 5
Views: 3843

Re: Help with counting backward citation

Hi, with the above mentioned search query its easy to create a table with patents which have at least three backward citations. Next step would be to add these table to the database but how would you program the code if you need at least three different technology fields or at least three different ...
by torben
Wed May 03, 2017 2:53 pm
Topic: Database errors in the field nb_applicants
Replies: 7
Views: 3065

Re: Database errors in the field nb_applicants

Hi Geert, thanks for your reply. This query was a nice hint but I have to minimaly modify it. In the subquery I just looked at the relevant entries of the attribute psn_sector. You just excluded 'INDIVIDUAL' but I think there are two more entries at the attribute psn_sector which mainly comprises pe...
by torben
Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:40 am

Hi Geert, thanks for your reply. Since last week I've got an access to the PATSTAT 2016 autumn version and I tried to use the psn_sector attribute. I combine the attribute (nb_applicant >=3 and psn_sector) to get patents with at least 3 companys. The problem is that an inventor could also be an appl...
by torben
Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:11 am

Hi Geert, thanks for your reply. I'am trying to identify cooporations via patents. So I'am using the inv_seq_nb and inv_seq_nb to exclude inventors out of the results. The big problem is that there are still a lot of "natural persons" in the results. Is there a possibility to exclude all p...
by torben
Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:50 am

Database errors in the field nb_applicants

Hi, I'm using PATSTAT offline autumn 2015 and obviously there are some database errors in the field nb_applicants respectively applt_seq_nb. So the problem is that in the PATSTAT database are more applicants listed as on the original document. For example the US-patent US8196979B2. There are 11 appl...
by torben
Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:57 am
Topic: Question in terms of IPC classification on Patstat
Views: 1548

Question in terms of IPC classification on Patstat

Hello, I'm using an offline version of Patstat 2015. I wanted to know, if there is a posibility to get some kind of main IPC class of an EP-patent. I know that in Patstat is a table called tls209_appln_ipc with the column ipc_position. I think it exhibits the place of naming for the IPC class in an ...
by torben
Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:22 pm
Topic: Measuring of radical innovation (SQL)
Replies: 2
Views: 2188

Re: Measuring of radical innovation (SQL)

Hello Geert,
thank you for your reply.
I will try your easy solution. Thanks

Can you also look at another question of mine at this topic : patstat/topic4691.html
by torben
Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:07 pm
Topic: Forward and backward citation for a number of Patents
Views: 2622

Forward and backward citation for a number of Patents

Hello, i'm using the online version of Patstat (autumn 2015). I want to count the number of forward and backward citations of a previous defined list of patents. Therefor I searched this forum for a solution, but didn't find something. To get the number of foward citation, I think I could use this q...