Search found 4 matches

by DBCerigo
Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:21 pm
Forum: PATSTAT Product Line
Topic: Avoiding Duplicates Question
Replies: 3
Views: 2037

Re: Avoiding Duplicates Question

I suppose the higher level aim is for a set of patents which we will understand to represent distinct inventions, which does not contain duplicate inventions. If the sets of patents connected by priority claims constitutes a family (simple family or DOCDB family?), and each family could represent an...
by DBCerigo
Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:12 pm
Topic: Avoiding Duplicates Question
Views: 2037

Avoiding Duplicates Question

We aim to get a set of non duplicate granted patents. To do so we use the query: SELECT tls211_pat_publn.publn_nr, tls201_appln.appln_auth, tls211_pat_publn.publn_date, tls201_appln.appln_id FROM tls201_appln INNER JOIN tls211_pat_publn ON tls211_pat_publn.appln_id = tls201_appln.appln_id WHERE tls2...
by DBCerigo
Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:04 pm
Topic: Classification Coverage
Views: 4532

Classification Coverage

Using the 2015 Spring Edition, and SQLite for initial querying then Python (pandas) for analysis. We are using patent data to investigate innovation generally. As a preliminary check we plotted the fractional coverage of patents with IPC and CPC classifications by year within the data base. http://i...
by DBCerigo
Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:13 am
Topic: Application Filing Date/Publication Date Errors
Replies: 1
Views: 1487

Application Filing Date/Publication Date Errors

Using the 2015 Spring Edition, and SQLite for initial querying then Python (pandas) for analysis. While carrying out some analysis, I noticed an oddity between an application filing date and publication date - a difference of 100 years. I got to the PDF of the patent through Espacenet and indeed the...