Search found 4 matches

by lola
Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:12 pm
Forum: PATSTAT Product Line
Topic: Count forward citations per year
Replies: 6
Views: 3279

Re: Count forward citations per year

Sorry, I just thought of two more questions. When I calculate forward family-family citations by hand using publication years, I have the same citing family multiple times with different earliest publication years. Why does this happen? And should I use the earliest of those publication years? If I ...
by lola
Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:09 pm

Hello Martin, in the first post when I talked about the character limit of the query, I first used a query with a list of family IDs SELECT EARLIEST_PUBLN_YEAR, COUNT(DISTINCT TLS201_APPLN.DOCDB_FAMILY_ID) FROM TLS228_DOCDB_FAM_CITN INNER JOIN TLS201_APPLN ON TLS228_DOCDB_FAM_CITN.DOCDB_FAMILY_ID = ...
by lola
Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:27 pm

Hello Martin! Thanks for your reply! Some of the problems are now fixed :) The family id is now of the cited family that I am interested in and no longer the citing family. The number of citations however are the total number of citations received by the family. For example the family Id 3518917 has...
by lola
Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:34 pm

Count forward citations per year

Hello! I am working with PATSTAT online Autumn 2016. My sample contains eight companies, for which I need to know how many times their patent families were cited on a yearly basis. I do not care about the citing families. I am interested in the years since 1995 till now and will later link the cited...