Search found 52 matches

by Mike_k43
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:11 pm
Forum: Open Patent Services (OPS) and bulk data subscription products
Topic: OPS Service in "overloaded" state
Replies: 3
Views: 2343

OPS Service in "overloaded" state

Dear Madams/Sirs, There is in OPS responses a self-throttling header "X-throttling-Control" which among other indicates the usage state of the OPS servce with either "idle", "busy" or "overloaded". The OPS user manual v1.3.17, page 41 states that this header &...
by Mike_k43
Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:36 pm
Topic: "Certificate of Correction" of US patents not FullDocuments
Replies: 2
Views: 3176

Re: "Certificate of Correction" of US patents not FullDocuments

I have now observed that this problem persists, in slightly other form. Retrieving the PDF FullImage of US5360656 A from OPS now does retrieve the A -publication (earlier it retrieved the X6 certificate of correction) but the retrieved PDF Fullimage contains only the first page. The associated probl...
by Mike_k43
Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:20 am
Topic: OPS currently extremely slow
Replies: 1
Views: 2729

OPS currently extremely slow

It appears right now that one or more users are consuming most of the OPS server capabilities. It is currently not possible to obtain even a single PDF publication on a page-per-page basis in useful time, the OPS servers are apparently constantly in "busy" state.

mike_k43
by Mike_k43
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:58 pm
Topic: "Certificate of Correction" of US patents not FullDocuments
Replies: 2
Views: 3176

"Certificate of Correction" of US patents not FullDocuments

Hello I tried to get the full PDF publication from US5052622A. Following the OPS manual I firstly obtain the correct link to this PDF document using the query https://ops.epo.org/3.2/rest-services/published-data/publication/epodoc/us5052622.A/images This query retrieves one inquiryresult containing ...
by Mike_k43
Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:48 pm
Topic: Internal Server Faults when trying to get PDF images
Views: 2172

Internal Server Faults when trying to get PDF images

I have observed since about January of this year that, when trying to get PDF images, there are spurious faults (restFaults, not restErrors) received from OPS. The fault code and message reads: SERVER.DomainAccess The request could not be processed. Please try again later. I post below a few example...
by Mike_k43
Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:55 pm
Topic: exchange-documents.xsd 2.5.7
Replies: 13
Views: 8629

Re: exchange-documents.xsd 2.5.7

Hello Vesna, Yes, that is what I mean. CCD.xsd and CPCDefinitions.xsd cannot be downloaded from https://www.epo.org/searching-for-patents/data/web-services/ops.html#tab-3. It does not matter whether you are logged on as OPS forum user or not. This site can actually only be accessed in non-logged on ...
by Mike_k43
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:28 pm
Topic: exchange-documents.xsd 2.5.7
Replies: 13
Views: 8629

Re: exchange-documents.xsd 2.5.7

Hello Alex, Correct, the files CPDefinitions.xsd and CCD.xsd do not download. There seems to be a permission problem on the EPO server for these files. They cannot be accessed for downloading. The error reads "Fehler - Unzulässig" ("Error - Impermissible", visible in Google Chrom...
by Mike_k43
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:34 am
Topic: Duplicate Http Header when no result found - 2nd
Views: 2618

Duplicate Http Header when no result found - 2nd

There is an earlier post with the above subject dated back from 2017 from user JeremyGosling. EPO support replied that they could not reproduce the problem and that this should be a client software problem. I can reproduce this error with my own client software. Whenever OPS returns "404 Not fo...
by Mike_k43
Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:24 pm
Topic: Concept of "priority" in OPS
Views: 5313

Concept of "priority" in OPS

I have observed that the concept of "priority" as used in OPS deviates fundamentally from what was meant by "priority founding application" in the Paris Convention. Namely, virtually any filings, whether priority founding or not (even divisional or continuation filings which by l...
by Mike_k43
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:22 am
Topic: Retrieving publications for given application number using CQL code "sap"
Replies: 4
Views: 3392

Re: Retrieving publications for given application number using CQL code "sap"

Dear Vesna, The application number query ".../published-data/application/epodoc//US20080027584P/biblio,full-cycle" seems to work. However the priority number query " .../published-data/priority/epodoc//US20080027584P/biblio,full-cycle" with X-OPS-Range either "1-100" or...