Search found 8 matches

by carmen.calatrava
Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:06 pm
Forum: PATSTAT Product Line
Topic: Counting international patent applications
Replies: 1
Views: 1982

Counting international patent applications

Dear PATSTAT community, I am interested to know the number of patents applications from Austrian applicants in China and US. It is not clear to me from which attributes I can get this information. I have created the following query, but the results are too low to be correct (16 in CN and 309 in US)....
by carmen.calatrava
Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:55 pm
Topic: Application authority of utility models & address information
Views: 2252

Application authority of utility models & address information

Hi, I would like to retrieve information on German applicants of utility models. After trying different, queries I have reached the conclusion that utility model applications are submitted to the national authorities, rather than to the EPO. For example, the query below (with appln_auth = 'EP') does...
by carmen.calatrava
Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:25 pm
Topic: EPO patents designated in single European countries
Replies: 2
Views: 2871

Re: EPO patents designated in single European countries

Thank you so much for such a good explanation. Now, everything is clear.
by carmen.calatrava
Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:11 pm
Topic: EPO patents designated in single European countries
Views: 2871

EPO patents designated in single European countries

Hi all, I am using the query below to count the number of EPO patents designated in the Netherlands with filing year between 2000 and 2015. SELECT COUNT(distinct(a.appln_id)), a.appln_filing_year FROM tls201_appln a join tls231_inpadoc_legal_event le on le.appln_id=a.appln_id WHERE a.appln_kind = 'A...
by carmen.calatrava
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:55 pm
Topic: Count of granted SPCs ranked by application date
Replies: 0
Views: 1154

Count of granted SPCs ranked by application date

Dear member of the forum, I am retrieving data on SPCs (Supplementary Protection Certificates) in the Netherlands. I am comparing the results of my queries against a previous study that I found in the Internet, and unfortunately, the results are very different. Therefore, I wonder if I am missing an...
by carmen.calatrava
Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:04 pm
Topic: Count German applications (German applicants) in a set of IPC codes
Views: 1735

Count German applications (German applicants) in a set of IPC codes

Dear PATSTAT community, I am trying to replicate the results published by a German Ministry: the number of German patents applications to the EPO in the field of construction and engineering by German applicants from 2005 to 2012. They consider the following IPC codes: B32B 9/00; B32B 13/00; B32B 17...
by carmen.calatrava
Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:40 pm
Topic: Querying utility models in France
Views: 1903

Re: Querying utility models in France

Thank you very much for your answer! Problem solved!
by carmen.calatrava
Mon May 22, 2017 5:52 pm
Topic: Querying utility models in France
Views: 1903

Querying utility models in France

Dear community, I am retrieving the number of utility models filled in France between 1992 and 2016 with the following query: SELECT COUNT(appln_id), appln_filing_year FROM tls201_appln a WHERE appln_kind = 'U' -- only utility models AND appln_auth = 'FR' -- only in France AND appln_id < 900000000 -...