Search found 12 matches

by Darwin
Mon May 16, 2022 5:02 pm
Forum: PATSTAT Product Line
Topic: when I can see application record on PATSTAT?
Replies: 0
Views: 1132

when I can see application record on PATSTAT?

Hello Madam/Sir, I hope this email finds you well. I am writting this email to ask when the applicantion is recorded on the PATSTAT? Is the first date when an application is pulished (i.e., EARLIEST_PUBLN_DATE)? For example, for an application, if its EARLIEST_PUBLN_DATE is 30Dec2021, can I see this...
by Darwin
Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:49 am
Topic: To compute generality index of a patent
Replies: 0
Views: 2253

To compute generality index of a patent

Hello, I am trying to compute the generality index of each patent. to set the sample of patent, 1) I only focus on Ipr_type='PI'. 2) only include the earliest success patent for each docdb_famliy_id. According to this, when I am computing the generality index of these patents, should I exclude the c...
by Darwin
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:51 am
Topic: Should we set a time window when computing generality or originality index?
Replies: 1
Views: 1069

Should we set a time window when computing generality or originality index?

Hello, Should we set a time window when computing generality index or originality index of a patent? I suppose we should set a time window, which just like computing the number of citation of each patent (as the earlier application tends to be cited more than the later applications because it exists...
by Darwin
Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:43 pm
Topic: difference between CITED_PAT_PUBLN_ID and CITED_APPLN_ID
Replies: 2
Views: 1664

difference between CITED_PAT_PUBLN_ID and CITED_APPLN_ID

Hello,

What is the difference between CITED_PAT_PUBLN_ID and CITED_APPLN_ID when I want to compute the generality and originality index of a patent ? I suppose I only need to use CITED_APPLN_ID, is this correct?

Thanks in advance.
by Darwin
Mon May 25, 2020 12:15 am
Topic: the first application of each DOCDB_FAMILY_ID
Replies: 2
Views: 4547

the first application of each DOCDB_FAMILY_ID

Hi, I am trying to measure a country's innovative ability via the number of applications of the country's residence(applicant). But, I am confused about how to identify the first application of each DOCDB_FAMILY_ID. At the beginning, I want to use the earliest_filing_id of each DOCDB_FAMILY_ID. Howe...
by Darwin
Tue May 12, 2020 2:29 am
Topic: a country's innovation ability per year by using the number of successfully patent applications (at family level)
Views: 1280

a country's innovation ability per year by using the number of successfully patent applications (at family level)

Hi, Could you please give me some suggestions to measure a country's innovation ability per year by using the number of successfully patent applications (at family level)? I do the following things, (i) identify the first time an invention is patented and call it the “original patent”, (ii) record t...
by Darwin
Mon May 11, 2020 11:37 pm
Topic: primary assignee
Views: 4373

primary assignee

Hi,

I am confused about who is the primary assignee of a patent? Is it the inventor or the applicant?

Besides, does PATSTAT has variable identify who contribute more to an invention?
Could you please give me some suggestions about this?

Thanks in advance.
by Darwin
Thu May 07, 2020 1:27 pm
Topic: appln_filing_date or earlist_appln_date
Replies: 3
Views: 1852

Re: appln_filing_date or earlist_appln_date

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

But I do not find the proxy for the "succes of the family". (I am using the 2016 Autumn edition) could you please tell me which attribute it is ?

thanks in advance.
by Darwin
Wed May 06, 2020 3:37 pm
Topic: appln_filing_date or earlist_appln_date
Replies: 3
Views: 1852

appln_filing_date or earlist_appln_date

Hi I am trying to measure an applicant's innovative ability by using the number of successful patents in a specific year. it is 1)based on the family level(DOCDB_family_id) 2) identify the first time an invention is patented and call it the “original patent”. (WHERE granted = 1 /* there exists a pub...