Search found 10 matches

by jay2018
Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:00 pm
Forum: PATSTAT Product Line
Topic: Issue with Collecting Patent Data
Replies: 12
Views: 9172

Re: Issue with Collecting Patent Data

Hi Geert, I'm sorry but I don't quite understand. Let's use US patent data as an example. For patent with ten-digit publn_nr, such as "2001000344", I also notice those types of patents all have zero publn_claims. However, every granted patent should have at least 1 claims. So, I wonder wha...
by jay2018
Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:18 am

Hi, Thank you for your explanation. I have one more question here. For US patents, I find there are two types of publn_nr, one is ten-digit such as "2001000344", and the other is seven-digit such as "6077663". The seven-digit matches the patent number I find from USPTO website, a...
by jay2018
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:22 pm

Hi, Thank you for the clarification. Here is the updated query I use: select a.appln_id, a.appln_filing_date, p.publn_auth, p.publn_nr, p.publn_date, a.nb_inventors, p.publn_claims,i.ipc_class_symbol, count(c.cited_pat_publn_id) as bcitation, f.person_ctry_code, g.psn_sector from tls201_appln a join...
by jay2018
Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:18 am

Hi Geert, For example, granted patent #9848623. The publication date is 12/26/2017. But using the code I listed in the first post (replace the ipc code with C12N), this patent is not in the dataset I get. I wonder if you can help me figure out why some patents are actually granted between the sample...
by jay2018
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:55 pm

Hi Geert, Thank you for the reply. However, I am getting a little confused about the data availability. As you mentioned, some patents granted by USPTO at 2017 are simply unavailable. But I have checked the USPTO website, and it has more observations than I get here. I am just curious what is the re...
by jay2018
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:37 pm

Hi Geert, Thank you for your reply. If I understand correctly, the main problem is I limit to patents with the number of citations greater than 0. If I delete the line "and c.cited_pat_publn_id <> 0", I should have no problems with getting all patents issued between 2005 and 2017. Is that ...
by jay2018
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:54 am

Issue with Collecting Patent Data

Hi, I try to use the following code to collect patent in certain classification granted by USPTO between 2005 and 2017. select a.appln_id, a.appln_filing_date, p.publn_auth, p.publn_nr, p.publn_date, a.nb_inventors, p.publn_claims,i.ipc_class_symbol, count(distinct (c.pat_publn_id)) as fcitation, f....
by jay2018
Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:19 pm
Topic: Forward and Backward Citation
Replies: 5
Views: 6474

Re: Forward and Backward Citation

Hi, Thank you for your comments. And I have two more questions. 1. What selection criteria should I add if I want to limit my search to only granted patent? 2. How should I change to code to have all applications that have an H02M classification, not only those that have H02M in the first position? ...
by jay2018
Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:54 am

Re: Forward and Backward Citation

Hi, Thank you for your help with the code and I appreciate that. And I have two more questions. If I want to get the country of origin data, is it available in the data set? Also, I find two variables about the inventor country. Is the tls206_person.person_ctry_code the nationality of inventors, and...
by jay2018
Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:10 am

Forward and Backward Citation

Hi, I have some question with regard to get the forward and backward citation count. I try the following code: select distinct a.appln_id, a.appln_filing_date, i.ipc_class_symbol, count(distinct(c.citn_id))as fcitation, count(distinct(c.cited_pat_publn_id)) as bcitation, p.publn_nr, p.publn_date, p....