Search found 9 matches

by Ucindami Mafeni
Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:38 am
Forum: PATSTAT Product Line
Topic: PCT route, international patents and the EP application authority
Replies: 3
Views: 3282

Re: PCT route, international patents and the EP application authority

Hello again, I wanted to disaggregate regional applications (i.e. those made to the EP or EA) so that I can identify the individual countries in which a particular application is enforced. I have disaggregated applications made to the EP and EA by, using TLS201 as the starting dataset: 1) merging th...
by Ucindami Mafeni
Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:36 am
Topic: Counting domestic patents applied internationally
Replies: 12
Views: 19191

Re: Counting domestic patents applied internationally

Furthermore, I wanted to disaggregate regional applications (i.e. those made to the EP or EA) so that I can identify the individual countries in which a particular application is enforced. I have disaggregated applications made to the EP and EA by, using TLS201 as the starting dataset: 1) merging th...
by Ucindami Mafeni
Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:32 am

Hi again, I am still yet to hear a response regarding how I can identify regional applications (i.e. situations in which appln_auth = EP, for example) enforced nationally (i.e. which EP countries the application is designated to) in the years prior to 1980 (i.e. before PGFP was used). How can I do t...
by Ucindami Mafeni
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:18 pm
Topic: Missing data on inventor Origin
Replies: 2
Views: 1751

Missing data on inventor Origin

Hello, I wanted to use data on the country of origin for the inventors associated with certain patents and found that there were many missing values. I tried to find help from the forum regarding this, and the last time this problem was addressed was in 2014 and the solution was a missing data imput...
by Ucindami Mafeni
Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:17 pm
Topic: PCT route, international patents and the EP application authority
Replies: 3
Views: 3282

PCT route, international patents and the EP application authority

Hello, I am a bit confused about how the PCT route and international patents relate, and how to intepret applications to the EP in the patstat data. 1) From my understanding, an application throug the PCT route imply the application is "valid in all Contracting States of the PCT". Who does...
by Ucindami Mafeni
Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:23 pm

Hello again, When I tried using the PGFP variable as a means of detecting patent enforcement, I find that the range of years which in which such payments were made for the particular kind of patent I am interested in ranges from 1981-2017. This implies that prior to 1981, there were no patents being...
by Ucindami Mafeni
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:25 pm

Another question: While the PGFP variable is the best proxy for whether an EP was enforced within a particular country, what is the best method to determine whether or not the EP has lasped yet/identify whether it is still valid?
by Ucindami Mafeni
Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:00 pm

Thank you for the prompt reply. 1) I think I made a typo when I used the word "investor". I meant inventor, apologies. 2) in refence to the question in your reply " Would you consider a German inventor filing and EP application as being "domestic" ?". My intention is to...
by Ucindami Mafeni
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:12 pm

Counting domestic patents applied internationally

Hello, I wanted to ask for help countring the number of patents which came from a domestic inventor but have been applied overseas. I am wary of interpreting this to be the meaning of the appln_auth variable, as I fear it may the case that simply applying for a patent from a particular authority doe...