Search found 15 matches

by khanhhienbi
Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:18 pm
Forum: PATSTAT Product Line
Topic: Counting countries where the same patent has been registered
Replies: 3
Views: 623

Re: Counting countries where the same patent has been registered

Thank you so much for the useful information. I'm seeking clarification on the docdb_family_size attribute. Below is the code I'm referencing: SELECT psn_name, appln_auth,person_ctry_code,docdb_family_size, COUNT(distinct(case when t1.appln_filing_year = 2011 then t1.appln_id end)) as '2011', COUNT(...
by khanhhienbi
Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:12 am
Topic: Counting countries where the same patent has been registered
Views: 623

Counting countries where the same patent has been registered

Dear PATSTAT community, I am currently working with the PATSTAT Autumn 2023 edition. I have a panel dataset of the number of patent applications filed (not granted) by Dutch companies in the pharmaceutical field for the period of 12 years, from 2011 to 2022. I'm wondering whether it's feasible to co...
by khanhhienbi
Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:15 am
Topic: Understanding results of number of patent applications
Replies: 5
Views: 3152

Re: Understanding results of number of patent applications

Thank you very much for your response! All the codes provided work fine! I'm wondering if there is any way to aggregate the number of patent applications filed by a Netherland firm both in domestic and foreign countries? As I can see from the result table after running the second code, one firm can ...
by khanhhienbi
Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:45 pm
Topic: Understanding results of number of patent applications
Replies: 5
Views: 3152

Understanding results of number of patent applications

Dear PATSTAT community, I am currently working with the PATSTAT Spring 2023 edition. I would like to get the number of patent applications filed by Netherlands companies in the pharmaceutical field for the period of 12 years, from 2011 to 2022. Here are my codes: SELECT psn_name, person_ctry_code, a...
by khanhhienbi
Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:03 pm
Topic: Primary and Secondary Patents
Replies: 1
Views: 4404

Primary and Secondary Patents

Dear PATSTAT community, I am currently using PATSTAT Autumn 2022 edition. I am interested in understanding more about primary patents, i.e., patents on active ingredients, and secondary patents, i.e., patents filed on other aspects of active ingredients such as different dosage forms, formulations, ...
by khanhhienbi
Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:42 pm
Topic: Help with SQL query - How to count number of citation per year
Views: 1916

Re: Help with SQL query - How to count number of citation per year

Dear PATSTAT community, I would like to count the number of forward citations per year for a set of biotechnology companies. The following queries work fine but would be great to double check with you to see if they're correct: SELECT psn_name, COUNT(distinct(case when appln_filing_year = 2008 then ...
by khanhhienbi
Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:40 am
Topic: EPO patents - information on traded patents
Views: 1799

Re: EPO patents - information on traded patents

Thank you so much for your help! Could you please correct me if I'm wrong that: the information on events and patent owners is in the PRS database (PATSTAT version: April 2014) which is now included in tables tls231 and tls803? (Please see the journal titled Tracking patent transfers in different Eu...
by khanhhienbi
Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:49 pm
Topic: EPO patents - information on traded patents
Views: 1799

EPO patents - information on traded patents

Dear PATSTAT community, I am working with PATSTAT Online 2022 Spring and am currently interested in exploring information on the transfers of patents, i.e., the name of the buyer and of the seller, the date at which the assignment was recorded at the patent office, etc. for each assignment. I'm wond...
by khanhhienbi
Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:38 pm
Topic: Help with SQL query - How to count number of citation per year
Views: 1916

Help with SQL query - How to count number of citation per year

Hi everyone, I am currently working with PATSTAT Autumn 2021 edition. I would like to retrieve a sample of the total number of citations in the UK patent documents for biotechnology firms per year, from 2011 to 2021. This is my code so far. I would like to use COUNT command for nb_citing_docdb_fam t...
by khanhhienbi
Mon May 09, 2022 11:25 am
Topic: How to retrieve the number of citations
Replies: 0
Views: 1071

How to retrieve the number of citations

Hi everyone,

I am currently working with PATSTAT Autumn 2021 edition. I would like to retrieve a sample of the number of citations in the UK patent documents for biotechnology firms from 2011 to 2021.

I am not sure how to obtain the results.

Any help is much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.