Search found 12 matches

by Eduardo Mercadante
Tue May 16, 2023 4:54 pm
Forum: PATSTAT Product Line
Topic: Appln_id missing from tls201
Replies: 4
Views: 1129

Re: Appln_id missing from tls201

Very interesting. Thank you for the detailed response.

Since my goal is to understand the outcome of applications in Brazil, I guess I can ignore these applications and only look at the normal Brazilian applications.
by Eduardo Mercadante
Tue May 16, 2023 11:16 am

Re: Appln_id missing from tls201

Thanks for the quick reply. I have now understood what happened. There are 325,237 applications with BR as event_auth but WO as appln_auth. That is why they came up as unmatched in my method but matched in yours. Would you have any explanation for this? Should the same happen for other offices? Edua...
by Eduardo Mercadante
Mon May 15, 2023 4:38 pm

Appln_id missing from tls201

Hi, I am facing an issue that I cannot understand. I have downloaded the Spring 2023 version of PATSTAT and I want to analyse applications filed in Brazil using bibliographic data (tls201) and legal event data (tls231). Restricting appln_auth to BR and merging the two tables, I have: A) 674,890 appl...
by Eduardo Mercadante
Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:33 pm
Topic: Inconsistent data
Replies: 2
Views: 2791

Re: Inconsistent data

Hi, Thanks for the quick and helpful answer. Indeed, I must have not noticed that the Spring 2022 Edition was selected in the initial screen. My data stops in Dec 2021. I did not know this much could change between editions. And I'm also glad to know that intermediate updates are rare. All the best,...
by Eduardo Mercadante
Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:56 pm
Topic: Inconsistent data
Views: 2791

Inconsistent data

Hi, On Dec 2, 2022, I extract from the Autumn 2022 Edition a sample of applications filed in Brazil. Today, I extracted another sample from the same Edition which should include these same applications but also twins (using docdb_family_id ) filed in other offices. To my surprise, the two sets of BR...
by Eduardo Mercadante
Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:15 pm
Topic: Family issue
Replies: 1
Views: 3617

Family issue

Hello, I was trying to find if an Argentinian (AR) application belonged to a family that had an WO application. On PATSTAT, the AR application (id = 317447407) belonged to a DOCDB family with only one other application from Uruguay (UY). In the INPADOC family, the AR and UY applications are joined b...
by Eduardo Mercadante
Fri May 14, 2021 12:08 pm
Topic: Event_descr missing in 2021 Spring edition
Views: 2810

Re: Event_descr missing in 2021 Spring edition

Thanks for explaining how to unite these tables. That should solve the issue. However, is there a reason why this column was removed? I have been extracting legal event data using tls231 for over a year and event_descr was always there. Only with this last edition that it was removed. Are there plan...
by Eduardo Mercadante
Thu May 13, 2021 11:44 am
Topic: Event_descr missing in 2021 Spring edition
Views: 2810

Event_descr missing in 2021 Spring edition

Hello, I was updating my sample of legal event data (tls231_inpadoc_legal_event) and for some reason the variable event_descr is missing. I have made other queries just to test and none has retrieved this value. If I ask directly for it, the system indicates invalid column name. If I ask for all col...
by Eduardo Mercadante
Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:29 pm
Topic: Patent family landscape
Replies: 3
Views: 3492

Re: Patent family landscape

Thank you very much for the quick and helpful response. I am aware of the coverage issue, especially with India. The purpose of including it was exactly to do the comparison you presented. I was thinking of doing another post on this but I'll ask here. I don't understand exactly what determines this...
by Eduardo Mercadante
Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:36 pm
Topic: Patent family landscape
Replies: 3
Views: 3492

Patent family landscape

Hello, I want to find all of the pharmaceutical patent applications (technical field 16) filed between 2005 and 2015 that belong to DOC families that have at least one twin application in each of these seven offices: in seven offices: Argentina, Brazil, EPO, India, Japan, Korea and the US. I tried t...