Search found 7 matches

by KenoHaverkamp
Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:46 pm
Forum: PATSTAT Product Line
Topic: CPC classification subgroups
Replies: 5
Views: 3376

Re: CPC classification subgroups

Just coming back to the query above, in order to map technological development in the wind industry, I'd like to check for patent filings of Y02E 10/70 (ideally actually two separate for Y02E 10/728 and Y02E 10/727 to distinguish between the shift from onshore to offshore, but general wind patents w...
by KenoHaverkamp
Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:47 pm
Topic: Government owned patents / public-private co-patents
Replies: 3
Views: 1348

Re: Government owned patents / public-private co-patents

Thanks so much for the previous answer. Do you know if the PSN_Sector indicator has been integrated into the latest releases by now? 2022a would be fine. Just wondering if my code below would achieve an aggregated sum of all PV energy patents per country and year with any government involvement betw...
by KenoHaverkamp
Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:26 am
Topic: Government owned patents / public-private co-patents
Replies: 3
Views: 1348

Government owned patents / public-private co-patents

Dear PATSTAT team, I'm looking for a way to isolate patents that are either held by government organisations or any public-private co-patents (e.g. co-ownership of private companies and public research institutes). Is there a way to do this with the PATSTAT product line? I've come across the ECOOM E...
by KenoHaverkamp
Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:20 am

Thank you so much for clarifying!

Keno
by KenoHaverkamp
Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:28 pm

To follow up on the above, I have played around a bit and summarised the various subgroups of Y02E 10/70 (i.e. Y02E 10/72 + Y02E 10/74 + Y02E 10/76) as well as compared Y02E 10/70 to the sub of Y02E 10/727 and Y02E 10/728. Neither of these add up unfortunately. From a preliminary look it seems to me...
by KenoHaverkamp
Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:15 pm

CPC classification subgroups

This might be more of a question for the EPO in general rather than PATSTAT specifically so apologies if not relevant for this forum. I was wondering who tags the respective patent groups and what requirements firms / individuals have with regards to patent classifications (specifically CPC). Is it ...
by KenoHaverkamp
Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:01 pm
Topic: Aggregated patents by country and unassigned country codes
Replies: 1
Views: 797

Aggregated patents by country and unassigned country codes

I am trying to get overview statistics on renewable energy patents (PV and Wind) based on the country of residence of the applicant and grouped by each year (2000-2020). 1) Using code from some of the other discussion posts I am using the following SQL code for patents on PV using "cpc_class_sy...