Search found 7 matches

by Manuelschrader
Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:36 pm
Forum: Patent Information Matters
Topic: More than 4 million patent applications published by the EPO
Replies: 4
Views: 5508

Re: More than 4 million patent applications published by the EPO

Yes, that's correct! As of September 2021, the European Patent Office (EPO) has published over 4 million patent applications since it first opened in 1978. This makes the EPO one of the largest patent-granting organizations in the world. The EPO receives patent applications from individuals and comp...
by Manuelschrader
Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:20 am
Forum: EP Publication and Search
Topic: Download feature of EPUB
Replies: 3
Views: 37419

Re: Download feature of EPUB

https://data.epo.org/expert-services/index.html# Did you have any changes on the download feature. For example, it was possible to download specific parts of the results (prepare download > document > PDF > Section). More specifically, under section part, it was possible to select claims, drawings ...
by Manuelschrader
Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:19 am
Forum: EP Publication and Search
Topic: Filtering results in EP Bulletin search
Views: 4954

Re: Filtering results in EP Bulletin search

I would like to be able to add additional search criteria which do not appear to be available to me. Is there any way in which I can combine an existing answer set with some other term, to limit the answers to only those records which have the other term *present*, irrespective of its value. E.g. a...
by Manuelschrader
Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:18 am
Topic: Wind velocity dial
Replies: 2
Views: 8815

Re: Wind velocity dial

Hello, I have an old wooden frame with a dial which states, 'J.J. Hicks, Maker, London. Patent applied for'. It's a wind velocity dial which records wind speed. To the top of the case there are two brass electrodes which run down the inside of the case to two coils. The dial has a pointer and a han...
by Manuelschrader
Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:39 am
Topic: Only search for pending patents
Views: 4287

Re: Only search for pending patents

Hello is it possible, by syntax/ filter or any other, to only look up pending/ active patents? BR Felix Hello Dear, I am just want to say that Yes, it is possible to search for pending/active patents in the European Patent Office (EPO) using certain syntax and filters. Here are some tips on how to ...
by Manuelschrader
Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:26 am
Topic: Patent references to another patent's claim 0
Views: 4500

Re: Patent references to another patent's claim 0

I am just want to say that In general, when a patent document cites "claim 0" of another patent document, it means that the citing document is not citing any specific claim of the cited document, but rather the document as a whole. This may occur for a variety of reasons, including when th...
by Manuelschrader
Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:59 am
Topic: Which is the form to change PCT application address? Rule 92 bis
Views: 7093

Re: Which is the form to change PCT application address? Rule 92 bis

I filed a PCT application setting the email as preferred communication method, but EPO for PCT applications only sends important communication via ordinary mail. In the meantime I realised that the postal service where I live is even less reliable than what I expected, therefore I decided to open a...