Search found 14 matches

by John M
Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:17 am
Forum: PCT
Topic: PCT - SFD Error - Can't Specify Language
Replies: 1
Views: 2401

Re: PCT - SFD Error - Can't Specify Language

Problem fixed by installing latest version including bug fixes.
by John M
Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:24 am
Topic: PCT - SFD Error - Can't Specify Language
Views: 2401

PCT - SFD Error - Can't Specify Language

We are attempting to submit replacement drawings to the UKIPO as Receiving Office using OLF software, having selected IB and using PCT-SFD. We received the error “the language of the document is required”. We are unable to specify a language because (i) the language drop down box is blank and there ...
by John M
Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:25 pm
Forum: File Manager
Topic: Version 5.05 server address information warning
Replies: 7
Views: 7869

Re: Version 5.05 server address information warning

Our IT Department has now installed the v5.05 update manually with full adminstrator status, on top of the previous auto update installation of V5.05. As a result v5.05 now works. Thank you for your prompt advice. I don't wish to grumble, but for the future it would be useful if the auto update coul...
by John M
Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:59 am
Forum: File Manager
Topic: Version 5.05 server address information warning
Replies: 7
Views: 7869

Re: Version 5.05 server address information warning

I am having exactly the same problem. Since auto updating to EPO Online Filing v5.05, I am unable to start the software. Every time I try I get to the window headed "server address information". When I click "connect" the window vanishes for a while, then re-appears. This happens...
by John M
Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:52 am
Topic: When will RO/101 be updated?
Views: 6134

When will RO/101 be updated?

Following the AIA, the PCT Request form PCT/RO/101 has changed radically with effect from 16th September 2012. For Example, employee inventors will no longer need to be made applicants for the USA and there is a new Box VIII(iv) for completion by inventors. My questions are as follows: (1) when will...
by John M
Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:12 pm
Forum: Archive
Topic: Getting a New/Replacement Smartcard To Work
Replies: 0
Views: 6614

Getting a New/Replacement Smartcard To Work

My smartcard was about to expire and so I obtained a new one (October 2011). Getting the new card to work has been a nightmare :| , due largely to the lack of information on how to do this on the EPO and UKIPO websites and also the lack of instructions with the new smartcard. So here are some tips t...
by John M
Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:51 pm
Forum: EP
Topic: EP1200 E2K - Applicant Box
Views: 2478

EP1200 E2K - Applicant Box

Can anyone advise how to cross the first box, stating that the inidications concerning the applicant(s) are contained in the ... international publication? We only seem to be able to cross the second box and then we have to re-type applicant details which are identical to those at the International ...
by John M
Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:44 pm
Topic: Backup SmartCard for Disaster Planning
Replies: 2
Views: 4931

Re: Backup SmartCard for Disaster Planning

Thanks for the reply. Disasters affecting access to work for long periods are quite rare, but the effect can be devastating. About 5 years ago the Buncefield fire in the UK destroyed about 5 buildings and seriously damaged another 30. Many business, including our own, were affected. Before that, a p...
by John M
Tue May 25, 2010 4:25 pm
Topic: Backup SmartCard for Disaster Planning
Replies: 2
Views: 4931

Backup SmartCard for Disaster Planning

We are setting out our plans on how to continue operating as normally as possible in case of a local disaster, e.g. our building burns down and all computer hardware is destroyed. Our computer records are backed up remotely. Initially we would work from home until new premesis are found. We would ne...
by John M
Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:05 pm
Forum: Installation and maintenance
Topic: V5 experience anyone?
Replies: 21
Views: 11537

Re: V5 experience anyone?

We have just installed Adobe Reader 9 because we need the ability to print Japanese fonts. This is subsequent to (i.e. after) our recent upgrade to V5 of the patent filing software. Now, when we try to use V5, we get the error message "Adobe Reader not installed". I guess V5 is looking for...