Search found 638 matches

by EPO / OPS Support
Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:25 pm
Forum: Open Patent Services (OPS) and bulk data subscription products
Topic: Potential disturbance in our services and data deliveries
Replies: 0
Views: 374

Potential disturbance in our services and data deliveries

Dear subscribers to bulk data products and OPS Due to the precautionary measures the EPO is taking: https://www.epo.org/news-issues/covid-19.html and the most recent development in Austria, in force as of today, and its potential impact on the EPO's administrative and technical processes, we might n...
by EPO / OPS Support
Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:06 am
Topic: Leading zeros in US Publication Numbers
Replies: 3
Views: 77

Re: Leading zeros in US Publication Numbers

Actually more to specific years. But I don't have more details, we do get now and then questions about incorrect conversions, this is why I am offering tables for DOCDB format as a fallout option

Regards,
Vesna for OPS support
by EPO / OPS Support
Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:41 am
Topic: Leading zeros in US Publication Numbers
Views: 77

Re: Leading zeros in US Publication Numbers

Hi, Please see in OPS documentation how to use numbers service. As you will see you need publication date as well, not only number: https://ops.epo.org/3.2/rest-services/number-service/publication/original/US.(2009/0220659).A1.20030903/docdb Also note, that ORIGINAL format is meant original as on pu...
by EPO / OPS Support
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:32 am
Topic: Internal Server Faults when trying to get PDF images
Replies: 1
Views: 88

Re: Internal Server Faults when trying to get PDF images

Hi, Its a bit hard now to judge why you could not get image data before but now you do. We didn't change anything in PDF's and even if it would it would not be reflected in fair use. Just one question are you saying you get entire full image without having page by page requests (Range=1) in URL? Wha...
by EPO / OPS Support
Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:19 am
Topic: docdb biblio queries are extremely slow for recent US patents
Replies: 8
Views: 144

Re: docdb biblio queries are extremely slow for recent US patents

Hi

I spoke with developers and we are already exploring this possibility in order to see if we can implement it in next OPS version (the version that will connect t with the same data as in New Espacenet)

Regards,
Vesna for OPS
by EPO / OPS Support
Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:23 am
Topic: US Claims
Views: 66

Re: US Claims

Hi,

No, not for US. They do offer their own XML, as far as I know. We have plans to offer some new collections this year, but it will not be US, I am afraid. We still hope we will be able to integrate US character-coded full text sometime in the future.

Regards,
Vesna for OPS
by EPO / OPS Support
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:11 pm

Hi Joe, Unfortunately, this is not possible at present, but I agree with you, citations could be optional. I will see if we could implement some changes like this in the future. It makes sense to have citations as constituent, outside basic biblio. On the other hand, US patents are famous for their ...
by EPO / OPS Support
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:09 am
Topic: US Claims
Views: 66

Re: US Claims

Hi, We only offer download of any full text collections where we have approval of respective offices to offer data for automated queries/bulk/ download, so to distribute their full text. So, 19 Collections in total. When you take this data you are covered by OPS terms of use and you can use such dat...
by EPO / OPS Support
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:04 am

Hi,

What does URL Throttling says when you do that? Is the system overloaded at the time? Is it really only US data or if you query at the same time other documents then those are loaded quicker?

Regards,
Vesna for OPS support
by EPO / OPS Support
Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:00 pm
Forum: Searching
Topic: Coverage
Views: 1636

Re: Coverage

Hi, Not sure which coverage info you are waiting for but we only have one set of character-coded full text and that data is same in both Espacenet(s): https://www.epo.org/searching-for-patents/technical/full-text-additions.html One question, the comparison you were doing was that between Worldwide v...