Search found 95 matches

by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:53 am
Forum: PATSTAT Product Line
Topic: how to extract patent applications with cross boarder collaboration
Replies: 4
Views: 117

Re: how to extract patent applications with cross boarder collaboration

Hello Djay, the limitations for downloads can not be changed. But you can download data (In a CSV or MS ACCESS) from up to 100.0000 applications to begin with. (Not the PDF documents, that is limited.) I added "EP" in order to simply reduce the data set, otherwise you will have close to 900.000 resu...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:34 pm
Topic: how to extract patent applications with cross boarder collaboration
Views: 117

Re: how to extract patent applications with cross boarder collaboration

Hello Djay, such condition can be introduced to the query by means of a sub query via SQL EXISTS Operator. Basically, what you want to do is to force the query to only retain those applications that have 2 inventors from different countries (at least, can be more). So we make a query that counts the...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:55 am
Topic: Problems from nested SELECT
Replies: 1
Views: 104

Re: Problems from nested SELECT

Hello Jon, SQL queries mostly have a structure based on SELECT- FROM -WHERE - GROUP BY in that specific order. On the PATSTAT webpage you can find a number of documents with sample queries and self-study publications which you can try out on PATSTAT Online. I have re-worked your query to something t...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:51 am
Topic: data cleaning for higher accuracy and completeness
Views: 47

Re: data cleaning for higher accuracy and completeness

Hello Francesco,
many thanks for sharing your method with the PATSTAT community.
Geert
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:05 pm
Topic: How to get number of CPC patents by person_ctry_code?
Replies: 6
Views: 330

Re: How to get number of CPC patents by person_ctry_code?

Hello An, I am not sure what you mean by "registered patent". Counting publication numbers is not a good idea and opens room for mistakes. A publication number alone does not identify a publication because patent authorities can use the same numbers, and also the person_ctry codes could overlap. So ...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:20 am

Hello An, addresses from "persons" that have PSN_SECTOR = "individual" have been removed from PATSTAT Online. Generally spoken, address information is only available for a very limited number of patent offices. PATSTAT Online users can not change or create extra tables. The only option is to downloa...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:14 pm

You got the error message "invalid column name 'appln_id' because "c.appln_id" (which is your alias for "tls226_person_orig.appln_id" does not exist: There is no attribute APPLN_ID in the table TLS226_PERSON_ORIG. I suggest to check the PATSTAT Data Catalog on http://epo.org/patstat . In the graphic...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:02 pm
Forum: Linked open EP data
Topic: SPARQL query for Agent and Applicant
Views: 1012

Re: SPARQL query for Agent and Applicant

Hi Yulyia, Let me sum up what I understand: First, you used the "API" menu item of https://data.epo.org/linked-data/ to navigate from one application https://data.epo.org/linked-data/doc/application/EP/99203729 to its A1 publication, then to the agent and the agent's address. This is very fine. That...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:07 am
Forum: Linked open EP data
Topic: SPARQL query for Agent and Applicant
Views: 1012

Re: SPARQL query for Agent and Applicant

Hi Yuliya, You may try a SPARQL query like this which retrieves up to 100 publications of the applicant "HUAWEI...": SELECT * { ?publn rdf:type patent:Publication; patent:applicantVC ?applicant; patent:publicationAuthority/skos:notation ?auth; patent:publicationNumber ?nr; patent:publicationKind/sko...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:55 am
Topic: Count number of patents by Country
Views: 136

Re: Count number of patents by Country

Hello, as a far as I can see, your query is correct. I used the query below to also get an overview of the PCT filings in Chile and to mark the national filings which originate from an earlier PCT, but it doesn't change anything on the trend. SELECT appln_auth ,appln_kind ,appln_filing_year ,count(*...