Search found 5 matches

by ndbac41
Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:47 am
Forum: PATSTAT Product Line
Topic: Table PERS_APPLN : violation of primary key, errors?
Replies: 1
Views: 1906

Table PERS_APPLN : violation of primary key, errors?

I'm in the middle of uploading the latest PATSTAT version, and I encounter a problem I already reported years ago: the suggested primary key for table PERS_APPLN is not valid, i.e. the combination of fields PERSON_ID and APPLN_ID is not unique. First of all, the suggested primary key is not the logi...
by ndbac41
Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:02 pm
Topic: Mismatch artificial applications due to claimed priorities
Replies: 4
Views: 3153

Re: Mismatch artificial applications due to claimed prioriti

Thank you Nico for your quick response. However, I'm confused now, APPLN_PRIOR does not contain priority claims? What does it contain according to you? I thought table APPLN_PRIOR contains the ID's of all claimed priorities (PRIOR_APPLN_ID) for a given application (defined by APPLN_ID). Hence, all a...
by ndbac41
Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Topic: Mismatch artificial applications due to claimed priorities
Views: 3153

Mismatch artificial applications due to claimed priorities

I'm checking artificial application records due to claimed priorities (applications claiming a priority that cannot be found in DocDB). According to the PATSTAT documentation (PATSTAT October 2013), these artificial application records can be identified by APPLN_ID (range 900000001 to 930000000). Th...
by ndbac41
Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:35 pm
Topic: How to count distinct patent applications?
Views: 6180

Re: How to count distinct patent applications?

Thank you for your efforts to answer my question, but I'm afraid you miss my point. I do understand the issue of artificial applications and hence the fact you might find duplicate records for the same APPLN_ID, hence those 3,514 duplicate results for DE, all having 'D2' as kind code. That can be so...
by ndbac41
Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:21 pm
Topic: How to count distinct patent applications?
Views: 6180

How to count distinct patent applications?

After years of working with the 2009 version of PATSTAT, I recently switched to the latest one. By looking at the documentation of the new version, I feel a bit uncomfortable on how to count distinct patent applications - and I see I'm not the only one having this question. In previous versions, I r...