Search found 8 matches

by pivdstee
Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:15 am
Forum: PDF issues
Topic: Annex F
Replies: 16
Views: 23985

Well i'm pretty sure Amyuni produces 1.3 and not 1.4 The bizarre thing is that another V 1.3 pdf (by ABX) didn't generate an error... There's no clear rule on how the check is performed, a version check doesn't seem to be done at all, while also checking of other parameters (embedded objects or font...
by pivdstee
Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:04 am

ABX uses Ghostscript. I haven't looked at the license much yet. BUT I really don't get it: why would the ABXPDF created document be acceptable and the Amyuni not: Annex F requires: (a) Adobe Portable Document Format Version 1.4 compatible; (b) non-compressed text to facilitate searching; (c) unencry...
by pivdstee
Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:47 am

Well I've been experimenting a bit with an application where there was this problem. In this application, the specification was the problem. You can relativly easily identify the culprit document by removing all except one and looking at the validation messages, and then add all other oduments one b...
by pivdstee
Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:44 am

Setting the compression to CCITT group 4 didn't work, actually there was an extra error message complaining that the image should be set to pure black & white (I thought that was always the case in CCITT group 4...)

I think we really need some epoline developers input!
by pivdstee
Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:36 am

The amyuni convertor from EPO converts colour to gray scale. Maybe it should be to black & white images (so I'll try with setting the image compression to CCITT fax group 4, see if it makes a difference...). My guess was that the check is very simple: if it is not 1.4, it's not annex F compliant...
by pivdstee
Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:11 am

Can epoline support shed their light on this problem please? Or do we have to take this up with WIPO? I decided not to file PCTs online anymore because of this problem! I would like to know if this is necessary and which steps should be taken to avoid Annex F problems!! Thank you Pieter Vandersteen
by pivdstee
Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:05 am
Forum: Archive
Topic: My Files: what files are effectively listed
Replies: 10
Views: 21998

It is clear that this is not good. We have exactly the same problem, and the result is that nobody in my association uses this feature. An in-between solution would be an association smart card. Another solution would be that an administrator for the association (for the mailboxes) could determine w...
by pivdstee
Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:06 pm
Forum: Archive
Topic: My Files: what files are effectively listed
Replies: 10
Views: 21998

Hello Jean, I had the same question a while ago, and the answer seemed to be that upon transfer to the association, the files will not show up again in your personal MyFiles page (if I am not mistaken!). However, it is possible to add files manually to this section of the epoline services: 1. under ...