Search found 111 matches

by mkracker
Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:57 pm
Forum: PATSTAT Product Line
Topic: Count forward citations per year
Replies: 6
Views: 2303

Re: Count forward citations per year

Hi , Thank you for the clear description of your problem. I think you mixed up 1 or 2 attributes regarding cited / citing families. As a consequence, you get a strange result. I adapted your query (changes are marked) and hope that this is what you are looking for. SELECT tls201_appln.docdb_family_i...
by mkracker
Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:36 pm
Topic: EXPORTING DATA TO EXCEL
Replies: 1
Views: 1353

Re: EXPORTING DATA TO EXCEL

Hi Bernardo, as a beginner of SQL you have done a great job. In a statistical analysis you typically want to count something, like applications published on a certain date or year. There are 2 approaches to do that and both require different queries which are - except for the SELECT and a GROUP BY c...
by mkracker
Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:16 pm
Topic: CPC class 'F21Y2115/30' empty?
Replies: 2
Views: 1172

Re: CPC class 'F21Y2115/30' empty?

Sometimes you cannot compare data from Espacenet and PATSTAT because they represent data from different points of time: Espacenet is incrementally updated daily, while PATSTAT is completely re-created 2x / year. If you are now using the latest PATSTAT 2016 Spring Edition, then in fact you see the da...
by mkracker
Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:28 pm
Topic: Help with IPC Co-Classifikation
Views: 2120

Re: Help with IPC Co-Classifikation

IMO your query is fine. Just the comma at the end must be removed. And you do not need to put the attribute values in quotes because TECHN_FIELD_NR is not a string attribute but a numerical attribute.

So why are you not happy with your result?
by mkracker
Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:58 am
Topic: Help with IPC Co-Classifikation
Views: 2120

Re: Help with IPC Co-Classifikation

Short answer: Have a look at table TLS230_APPLN_TECHN_FIELD, which has the data about to which degree an application is related to a technical field. This table will already solve half of your problem. This table is based on the reference table TLS901_TECHN_FIELD_IPC. The Data Catalog gives you more...
by mkracker
Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:42 am
Topic: Help with SQL query - how to retrieve year & company
Views: 2151

Re: Help with SQL query - how to retrieve year & company

Yes, this looks good. Nevertheless, here a slightly adapted version: SELECT tls201_appln.*, tls207_pers_appln.*, tls206_person.* FROM tls201_appln JOIN tls207_pers_appln ON tls207_pers_appln.appln_id = tls201_appln.appln_id JOIN tls206_person ON tls206_person.person_id = tls207_pers_appln.person_id ...
by mkracker
Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:13 am
Topic: Help needed to find numerical data about patent applications
Views: 889

Re: Help needed to find numerical data about patent applicat

Yes, this is doable with PATSTAT. A query would look like this: select DISTINCT a.* -- DISTINCT to remove duplicates if applications have -- more applicants from the requested country from tls201_appln a join tls207_pers_appln pa on a.appln_id = pa.appln_id join tls206_person p on pa.person_id = p.p...
by mkracker
Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:56 am
Topic: Application numbers pre 2002?
Views: 986

Re: Application numbers pre 2002?

There are several online tools at the EPO where you can retrieve EP applications: - Espacenet - European Patent Register In PISE (Patent Information Services for Experts): - Global Patent Index - European Full text Search - European Patent Bulletin Online - PATSTAT Online (http://www.epo.org/searchi...
by mkracker
Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:34 am
Topic: Question in terms of IPC classification on Patstat
Views: 940

Re: Question in terms of IPC classification on Patstat

Hi Torben, I suppose by "main IPC class" you mean the "most representative" of the IPC symbols. Of all the IPCs assigned, there should always be a "first" IPC (IPC_POSITION = 'F'). However, its meaning depends on the office: I know that for German publications (and I think also for USPTO) the "first...
by mkracker
Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:16 pm
Topic: Identifying priority filings
Replies: 2
Views: 1209

Re: Identifying priority filings

You mention several similar, but distinctive data items. Please let me explain each of them: EARLIEST_PAT_PUBLN_ID, EARLIEST_PUBLN_DATE, EARLIEST_PUBLN_YEAR in table TLS201_APPLN: An application can have multiple publication, like first A2, the A3, followed by B1 and finally B8. These attributes sim...