Search found 113 matches

by mkracker
Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:19 pm
Forum: PATSTAT Product Line
Topic: question about join on multiple column
Replies: 1
Views: 849

Re: question about join on multiple column

Hi liuxia0510, Your query is correct and should run on PATSTAT Online. We will analyse and correct this issue. As a work around, I reformulated your query. IMO it has a simpler structure now, returns the same result and runs on PATSTAT Raw Data as well as on PATSTAT Online. I also added the DISTINCT...
by mkracker
Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:29 am
Topic: Questions regarding error message and citation query
Views: 1077

Re: Questions regarding error message and citation query

Hi, Your first response is related to PATSTAT Online, the second to PATSTAT Raw Data. So I assume you are using both, right? 1) The error message you noted refers to an internal error of the application. It seems to have occurred first yesterday afternoon, and progressively got worse. Our developers...
by mkracker
Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:32 am
Topic: Question about DATA CATALOG PATSTAT
Replies: 3
Views: 1758

Re: Question about DATA CATALOG PATSTAT

Renee, Thank you for reporting this typo. The paragraph you mentioned in section 4.3.1 in the PATSTAT's Data Catalog should correctly read (Change is marked in red): The advantage of a surrogate key is that it is generally easier and more efficient to identify entities or to join tables with a surro...
by mkracker
Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:27 am
Topic: Unavailability of PATSTAT Online May 26th - June 8th 2015
Replies: 4
Views: 1952

Re: Unavailability of PATSTAT Online May 26th - June 8th 201

Yes, there was a slight delay. Since noon yesterday, PATSTAT Online is up and running again.

Martin Kracker / EPO PATSTAT
by mkracker
Fri May 29, 2015 3:14 pm

Re: Unavailability of PATSTAT Online May 26th - June 8th 201

We switched to MS SQL Server for a couple of technical reasons: • It is in line with our IT strategy. • The data preparation process for PATSTAT raw data is also based on MS SQL Server. • PATSTAT Online is an application on top of the DBMS. In this architecture, the JDBC driver is of crucial importa...
by mkracker
Mon May 18, 2015 4:32 pm
Topic: Concordance between IPC and SIC or ISIC
Replies: 3
Views: 8036

Re: Concordance between IPC and SIC or ISIC

You might be interested in NACE2 as well. NACE2 is the Statistical Classification of Economic Activities in the European Community, Rev. 2 (2008) (in French: Nomenclature statistique des activités économiques dans la Communauté européenne). It serves a similar purpose than the SIC (Standard Industri...
by mkracker
Mon May 18, 2015 4:00 pm
Topic: Revised Data Catalog "Register for PATSTAT"
Replies: 0
Views: 921

Revised Data Catalog "Register for PATSTAT"

“Register for PATSTAT” contains detailed bibliographic, legal, procedural and historical data for EP patents. Its Data Catalog, downloadable from http://www.epo.org/searching/subscription/raw/product-14-24-2.html , has recently be considerably revised. I hope the added content and improved readabili...
by mkracker
Mon May 18, 2015 3:49 pm

Unavailability of PATSTAT Online May 26th - June 8th 2015

Due to a larger maintenance and re-installation effort, PATSTAT Online will not be available from May 26th - June 8th 2015. Among others, the database management system which is currently MySQL will be replaced by MS SQL Server. Because their SQL dialects differ slightly, you may have to adapt your ...
by mkracker
Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:04 am
Topic: Multiple items in NPL_BIBLIO strings
Views: 985

Re: Multiple items in NPL_BIBLIO strings

Thank you, Jos, for that interesting question. I checked with the expert, and indeed I learned something myself: The short answer: Corresponding documents are documents which have the same or substantially the same technical content, so they are stored in the same string, separated by the string “-&...
by mkracker
Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:08 am
Topic: PROBLEMS WITH "CREATE VIEW" IN PATSTAT ONLINE
Replies: 2
Views: 1782

Re: PROBLEMS WITH "CREATE VIEW" IN PATSTAT ONLINE

Hi Ricardo, What Nico wrote is correct, if you have created your own database by loading PATSTAT raw data. However, you wrote that you are using PATSTAT Online, which is the hosted version of PATSTAT. PATSTAT Online has some additional features, but also some limitations. Most notably, it is a read-...