Search found 97 matches

by nico.rasters
Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:43 pm
Forum: PATSTAT Product Line
Topic: Help with forward citations
Replies: 1
Views: 2002

Re: Help with forward citations

Here's some basics. I do not have access to PATSTAT Online myself so the following is based on a local installation (PATSTAT Oct 2014). If patent B is citing patent A, then B is a forward citation of A. You can find citations in table tls212_citation. The field `pat_publn_id` is the citing patent (B...
by nico.rasters
Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:58 pm
Topic: Count Company's number of patent applications
Replies: 12
Views: 7171

Re: Count Company's number of patent applications

I found 2612 patents for Robert Bosch GmbH for 2006 (PATSTAT October 2014). The patent data was very clean. I could only find "Robert Bosch GmbH" with person_id 5235181 and doc_std_name_id 401. I searched in the full set of applications with authority office "DE" and filing year ...
by nico.rasters
Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:17 pm

Every company search should start outside PATSTAT. Robert Bosch Let's start with "Robert Bosch". First question: Which "Robert Bosch" are we looking at here? The most obvious one, e.g. "Robert Bosch GmbH"? In that case, we can find more information on https://en.wikiped...
by nico.rasters
Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:11 pm

Hi Tim, You mentioned you had (DPMA) data for the twenty most innovative firms? Some numbers were higher, others were lower. Can you post one example of each? Preferably with a year range starting in 2005 or so. Earlier is fine too. The fact that the DPMA uses DOCDB as well does not guarantee that r...
by nico.rasters
Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:27 pm
Topic: Dead links, wrong data?
Replies: 2
Views: 2858

Re: Dead links, wrong data?

Also found (in Autumn 2015): SELECT tls206_person.* FROM tls207_pers_appln INNER JOIN tls206_person ON tls207_pers_appln.person_id = tls206_person.person_id WHERE tls207_pers_appln.appln_id = 339979633 ORDER BY doc_std_name_id; Note how SIMPSON STEVEN LEWIS CHARLES occurs twice as doc_std_name. Once...
by nico.rasters
Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:00 pm
Topic: Dead links, wrong data?
Views: 2858

Dead links, wrong data?

http://www.epo.org/searching/data/data/tables/regular.html used to point to a Kind Code concordance list. It's now a 404 page. This link is mentioned on http://worldwide.espacenet.com/help?locale=en_EP&method=handleHelpTopic&topic=kindcodes and in the Data Catalog 5.02. You can find the kind...
by nico.rasters
Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:55 pm
Topic: Citations per company
Replies: 3
Views: 3685

Re: Citations per company

As you did, I would also start by finding all application IDs that belong to your specific CPC class. For each application ID, you can assign a docdb family ID. Then I would create a citation table, and again assign docdb family ID to the citing applications. This will allow you to exclude self-cita...
by nico.rasters
Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:44 pm
Topic: Looking for University Patents in Germany
Views: 2042

Re: Looking for University Patents in Germany

Especially for academic inventions you may want to look at inventors as well, even though you specifically wrote "published by".
by nico.rasters
Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:12 pm
Topic: Transformation between IPC and NACE
Replies: 5
Views: 3558

Re: Transformation between IPC and NACE

You can tell I'm several versions behind ;) Thank you Geert for your answer. The only worry I had there was that the concordance might be different from the one Torben wanted to use, but as I can read in the data catalog regarding TLS902_IPC_NACE2: The data on which this table is based is provided b...