Search found 97 matches

by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:40 pm
Forum: PATSTAT Product Line
Topic: Retrieving all Event History listed on Espacenet in PATSTAT
Replies: 1
Views: 83

Re: Retrieving all Event History listed on Espacenet in PATSTAT

Dear Vanessa,, apologies for the delayed reply. I have run your query on PATSTAT 2019A, and it gives exactly the same results as what you can find in Espacenet via the legal status information. See attachment: result_query.xlsx You will also get the same result (-1 line for an event that was recentl...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:01 pm
Topic: How to get number of CPC patents by person_ctry_code?
Replies: 7
Views: 379

Re: How to get number of CPC patents by person_ctry_code?

Hello An, if you only want to count "granted patents", then you could used the attribute "Granted" in the tls201_appln table to identify granted patents. At the EPO, once a patent is filed, it will normally take 18 months before the application is published. It can take many more years before the pa...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:53 am
Topic: how to extract patent applications with cross boarder collaboration
Replies: 4
Views: 132

Re: how to extract patent applications with cross boarder collaboration

Hello Djay, the limitations for downloads can not be changed. But you can download data (In a CSV or MS ACCESS) from up to 100.0000 applications to begin with. (Not the PDF documents, that is limited.) I added "EP" in order to simply reduce the data set, otherwise you will have close to 900.000 resu...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:34 pm
Topic: how to extract patent applications with cross boarder collaboration
Views: 132

Re: how to extract patent applications with cross boarder collaboration

Hello Djay, such condition can be introduced to the query by means of a sub query via SQL EXISTS Operator. Basically, what you want to do is to force the query to only retain those applications that have 2 inventors from different countries (at least, can be more). So we make a query that counts the...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:55 am
Topic: Problems from nested SELECT
Views: 112

Re: Problems from nested SELECT

Hello Jon, SQL queries mostly have a structure based on SELECT- FROM -WHERE - GROUP BY in that specific order. On the PATSTAT webpage you can find a number of documents with sample queries and self-study publications which you can try out on PATSTAT Online. I have re-worked your query to something t...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:51 am
Topic: data cleaning for higher accuracy and completeness
Views: 58

Re: data cleaning for higher accuracy and completeness

Hello Francesco,
many thanks for sharing your method with the PATSTAT community.
Geert
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:05 pm

Hello An, I am not sure what you mean by "registered patent". Counting publication numbers is not a good idea and opens room for mistakes. A publication number alone does not identify a publication because patent authorities can use the same numbers, and also the person_ctry codes could overlap. So ...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:20 am

Hello An, addresses from "persons" that have PSN_SECTOR = "individual" have been removed from PATSTAT Online. Generally spoken, address information is only available for a very limited number of patent offices. PATSTAT Online users can not change or create extra tables. The only option is to downloa...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:14 pm

You got the error message "invalid column name 'appln_id' because "c.appln_id" (which is your alias for "tls226_person_orig.appln_id" does not exist: There is no attribute APPLN_ID in the table TLS226_PERSON_ORIG. I suggest to check the PATSTAT Data Catalog on http://epo.org/patstat . In the graphic...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:02 pm
Forum: Linked open EP data
Topic: SPARQL query for Agent and Applicant
Views: 1151

Re: SPARQL query for Agent and Applicant

Hi Yulyia, Let me sum up what I understand: First, you used the "API" menu item of https://data.epo.org/linked-data/ to navigate from one application https://data.epo.org/linked-data/doc/application/EP/99203729 to its A1 publication, then to the agent and the agent's address. This is very fine. That...