Search found 230 matches

by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:09 pm
Forum: PATSTAT Product Line
Topic: Estimating US patent "oppositions"
Replies: 3
Views: 2312

Re: Estimating US patent "oppositions"

Hello Rahul, I had a look at the application you specified, but could not see any legal status referring to a filed opposition on that application. select reg101_appln.appln_id ,[appln_auth] ,[appln_nr] ,[appln_filing_date] ,[status] ,[internat_appln_id] ,[internat_appln_nr] ,[event_seq_nr] ,[event_...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:03 pm
Topic: TLS_215 documentation inconsistency
Replies: 1
Views: 1820

Re: TLS_215 documentation inconsistency

Dear David, Actually, I do not see an inconsistency. In easy terms: If a (set of) claims of a patent application has an citation of category X, then this citation destroys this (set of) claims. The patent application will not be granted unless these claims are removed. In contrast, the citation cate...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:56 pm
Topic: Estimating US patent "oppositions"
Replies: 3
Views: 2312

Re: Estimating US patent "oppositions"

Dear Rahul, I understand from your question that you are aware that there are no real oppositions in the US patent system, but re-examinations / post grant reviews. Also, a company may be involved on 2 sides: it may be either the appellant or the respondent / patent owner in post-grant review procee...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:34 am
Topic: Need Help with International Patents
Replies: 2
Views: 1754

Re: Need Help with International Patents

Hi Musso, You asked 2 questions: 1) As you mentioned, the same invention can be filed as patent (and probably later granted) in several jurisdictions. Such a group of patent is called “patent family”. There are multiple definitions of what precisely makes a patent family. The EPO uses two family typ...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:13 pm
Topic: Published patents by company
Views: 1290

Re: Published patents by company

I am not sure what you actually want to achieve. What I noted is that your last join has the join condition ‘company.person_id = cited.pat_publn_id’. You are comparing a person ID with a patent publication ID, which will get you random results. It’s a complex query. I recommend you re-do it incremen...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:50 pm
Topic: PATSTAT and Espacenet consistency
Views: 1301

Re: PATSTAT and Espacenet consistency

The Espacenet field identifier PD stand for “publication date”, and its PATSTAT equivalent is the attribute PUBLN_DATE in table TLS211_PAT_PUBLN. So your query is almost perfect. It just needs a join with the publication table as well: select * from tls201_appln a left outer join tls202_appln_title ...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:12 am
Topic: IPC Classification
Views: 2011

Re: IPC Classification

Hi Musso, I think this is what you want: select a1.appln_id, a1.appln_auth, a4.ipc_class_symbol, a3.person_name, a3.person_ctry_code from tls201_appln a1 left outer join tls207_pers_appln a2 on a2.appln_id = a1.appln_id left outer join tls206_person a3 on a3.person_id = a2.person_id left outer join ...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:09 am
Topic: Error: insufficient disk space
Views: 1537

Re: Error: insufficient disk space

Dear Pradeep, There are several reasons why your query has problems: - Last week we had a full disk issue which caused the error message you reported. This is fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. - The other reason is that your query is – as you assumed – much too heavy, because it co...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:26 am
Topic: defective table TLS206 resp. TLS906
Views: 1587

Re: defective table TLS206 resp. TLS906

Hi Tim, I have no experience with HeidiSQL. But to check whether your data might be faulty, I would do: Count the number of rows in your TLS206_PERSON table. According to the documentation which is part or the delivery there should be 56 611 335 rows. Run your query with a native DB client for your ...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:19 am
Topic: Applications in B25J/Y10S but not B60W/B60K/B60L
Replies: 5
Views: 2032

Re: Applications in B25J/Y10S but not B60W/B60K/B60L

Hello Joachim, Your query seems fine to me as such. But I am not sure why you join with tls226 as well as 206 ? TLS226 is only useful for analysis where you need to have the "address data" more tagged in detail - for as far as such data is available.- Keep in mind that the query produces a very gene...