Search found 97 matches

by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:24 am
Forum: PATSTAT Product Line
Topic: patent citation (backward citation)
Replies: 5
Views: 663

Re: patent citation (backward citation)

Hello Devor, your observation is correct, but if you do a family-family analysis, then you have to give your data preparation a serious thought on what attributes you will migrate to family level, and more important how you will do that for attributes that are "application" bound. Very specific: how...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:08 am
Topic: Count Patent based on Assignee Country
Replies: 1
Views: 293

Re: Count Patent based on Assignee Country

Hello Murry, your query is correct; it illustrates that we have no country information for applicants and inventors on applications filed in Japan. As a comparison, here is an SQL query that gives an easy overview of as well JP as EP applications, counting the number person_id's that have (no) count...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:52 pm
Topic: Counting international patent applications
Views: 314

Re: Counting international patent applications

Dear Carmen, as far as I can see, I think you are counting something different then what you want to count. In your query you count the internat_appn_id; that attribute links the PCT application to a later application referring to that PCT. But as you already are looking for PCT applications (receiv...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:58 pm
Topic: retrieve results of a custom sql query from a database connection
Replies: 3
Views: 720

Re: retrieve results of a custom sql query from a database connection

I have no experience with TALEND myself. And I am not sure that here you will get a prompt response here - but I hope somebody could prove me wrong. This forum is about PATSTAT data and not so much about ETL tools like TALEND. I think you might get a faster answer to your question at a specialized f...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:36 pm
Topic: patent citation (backward citation)
Replies: 5
Views: 663

Re: patent citation (backward citation)

Hello Devor, that is perfectly possible. Here is a query that does something similar; analyse it and it should be clear what it is doing. You can of course adapt the criteria to what you need for your research. To illustrate better what it does, adapt the query to only1 citing application, and then ...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:10 am
Forum: Linked open EP data
Topic: Linked open EP data at the SEMANTiCs 2018 conference
Replies: 0
Views: 1122

Linked open EP data at the SEMANTiCs 2018 conference

We are pleased to announce that EPO’s linked open EP data will be presented at the SEMANTiCS 2018 in an industry talk as well on a poster & demo stand. SEMANTiCS conference ( https://semantics.cc/ ) is the leading European conference on Machine Learning, Data Science, Linked Data and Natural Languag...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:02 am
Topic: Forward citation.
Replies: 2
Views: 1832

Re: Forward citation.

Your group by should use the same ALIAS as in the select: GROUP BY a.docdb_family_id .
And if you want to do a typical "family-family" count then you should use the family_id in your count. (But maybe you want to effectively count applications, depends on your analysis.)
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:09 pm
Topic: Estimating US patent "oppositions"
Views: 1306

Re: Estimating US patent "oppositions"

Hello Rahul, I had a look at the application you specified, but could not see any legal status referring to a filed opposition on that application. select reg101_appln.appln_id ,[appln_auth] ,[appln_nr] ,[appln_filing_date] ,[status] ,[internat_appln_id] ,[internat_appln_nr] ,[event_seq_nr] ,[event_...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:03 pm
Topic: TLS_215 documentation inconsistency
Views: 635

Re: TLS_215 documentation inconsistency

Dear David, Actually, I do not see an inconsistency. In easy terms: If a (set of) claims of a patent application has an citation of category X, then this citation destroys this (set of) claims. The patent application will not be granted unless these claims are removed. In contrast, the citation cate...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:56 pm
Topic: Estimating US patent "oppositions"
Views: 1306

Re: Estimating US patent "oppositions"

Dear Rahul, I understand from your question that you are aware that there are no real oppositions in the US patent system, but re-examinations / post grant reviews. Also, a company may be involved on 2 sides: it may be either the appellant or the respondent / patent owner in post-grant review procee...