Search found 229 matches

by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:28 pm
Forum: PATSTAT Product Line
Topic: Query Help for UK Patent Data
Replies: 4
Views: 4166

Re: Query Help for UK Patent Data

Hello Luca, kindly keep in mind that we do not have the resources to support individual researchers with drafting SQL queries for their research project. Many of your questions have been dealt with in previous forum posts, or are rather "SQL" syntax related. I took the freedom to answer a couple of ...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:11 pm
Topic: PSN_Sector quality
Replies: 1
Views: 709

(PSN_Sector quality)... inventors being flagged as applicants

Hello Tomas, The reason for the sudden dip (from application filing year 2012 to 2013) is the fact that inventors that were in previous years (appln_filing_year < 2013) also flagged as applicants started to be flagged as inventors only. Before 2013, its seem the default value was to flag all invento...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:10 am
Topic: PATSTAT GLOBAL - REGISTER difference
Replies: 3
Views: 1469

Re: PATSTAT GLOBAL - REGISTER difference

Hello Mark, PATSTAT Global is a data base containing bibliographical data from many (+/- 100) different patent offices, going as far back in time as possible. Basically; any bibliographical data provided to the EPO is available in PATSTAT Global. The EPO data is complete, as is the case for some of ...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:28 pm
Topic: Query Help for UK Patent Data
Views: 4166

Re: Query Help for UK Patent Data

Hello Luca, your request is not so easy to answer because it means looking at a data sample from different angles: applicants, harmonised names, family picture (authorities where family members were filed), filing date, ipc_codes. Trying to aggregate this all into some kind of 1 single table is rath...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:40 pm
Topic: Elapsed time until patent decision
Views: 926

Re: Elapsed time until patent decision

Hello Tim, it is a bit more complicated. In fact, it is always rather complicated to replicate statistics published by patent offices because the approach (or interpretation of the description) and the used data might be different. Without reading the whole DPMA report I would ask the following ques...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:56 pm
Topic: Elapsed time until patent decision
Views: 926

Re: Elapsed time until patent decision

Hello Tim, for the granted EP applications, it is fairly straightforward. Take the filing date and the date of grant (publication of the B1 document). For the EP "pending & non granted" applications it is more difficult. One can of course say that if no B1 is published, the patent is "pending" or th...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:52 am
Topic: EPO patents' validation in Morocco Tunisia Moldova and Cambodia
Replies: 1
Views: 1083

Re: EPO patents' validation in Morocco Tunisia Moldova and Cambodia

Hello,
I refer to this previous forum post for more information:
validation-state-8851
We anticipate that correct validation information will be available in the 2020b release. (end of the this year)
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:35 pm
Topic: PATSTAT Online Y02E SQL query
Replies: 7
Views: 836

Re: PATSTAT Online Y02E SQL query

Hello, Thank you for the information. I have used the paper titled "An Introduction to the Patstat Database with Example Queries", retrieved from https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/1467-8462.12073 No, the weighing in this code is not a sollution for missing person country codes. Rathe...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:13 pm

Hello, This is in continuation to my earlier query. There are a lot of patent applications where the inventor country is not found. I saw the following code in the PATSTAT manual. Will the problem of not finding inventor country be solved using fractional count? SELECT d.person_ctry_code, SUM(tot_i...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:05 am

Hello, Thank you for your prompt response and help. If I use - WHERE left (b.cpc_class_symbol, 10) = 'Y02E 10/7' AND c.invt_seq_nr > 0 , will it allow me to select all the patent applications tagged with Y02E10/70-766 under the Y02E tag for wind energy? Also, can you please explain the function of ...