Search found 97 matches

by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:34 am
Forum: PATSTAT Product Line
Topic: Need Help with International Patents
Replies: 2
Views: 724

Re: Need Help with International Patents

Hi Musso, You asked 2 questions: 1) As you mentioned, the same invention can be filed as patent (and probably later granted) in several jurisdictions. Such a group of patent is called “patent family”. There are multiple definitions of what precisely makes a patent family. The EPO uses two family typ...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:13 pm
Topic: Published patents by company
Replies: 1
Views: 492

Re: Published patents by company

I am not sure what you actually want to achieve. What I noted is that your last join has the join condition ‘company.person_id = cited.pat_publn_id’. You are comparing a person ID with a patent publication ID, which will get you random results. It’s a complex query. I recommend you re-do it incremen...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:50 pm
Topic: PATSTAT and Espacenet consistency
Views: 522

Re: PATSTAT and Espacenet consistency

The Espacenet field identifier PD stand for “publication date”, and its PATSTAT equivalent is the attribute PUBLN_DATE in table TLS211_PAT_PUBLN. So your query is almost perfect. It just needs a join with the publication table as well: select * from tls201_appln a left outer join tls202_appln_title ...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:12 am
Topic: IPC Classification
Views: 1109

Re: IPC Classification

Hi Musso, I think this is what you want: select a1.appln_id, a1.appln_auth, a4.ipc_class_symbol, a3.person_name, a3.person_ctry_code from tls201_appln a1 left outer join tls207_pers_appln a2 on a2.appln_id = a1.appln_id left outer join tls206_person a3 on a3.person_id = a2.person_id left outer join ...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:09 am
Topic: Error: insufficient disk space
Views: 566

Re: Error: insufficient disk space

Dear Pradeep, There are several reasons why your query has problems: - Last week we had a full disk issue which caused the error message you reported. This is fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. - The other reason is that your query is – as you assumed – much too heavy, because it co...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:26 am
Topic: defective table TLS206 resp. TLS906
Views: 686

Re: defective table TLS206 resp. TLS906

Hi Tim, I have no experience with HeidiSQL. But to check whether your data might be faulty, I would do: Count the number of rows in your TLS206_PERSON table. According to the documentation which is part or the delivery there should be 56 611 335 rows. Run your query with a native DB client for your ...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:19 am
Topic: Applications in B25J/Y10S but not B60W/B60K/B60L
Replies: 5
Views: 998

Re: Applications in B25J/Y10S but not B60W/B60K/B60L

Hello Joachim, Your query seems fine to me as such. But I am not sure why you join with tls226 as well as 206 ? TLS226 is only useful for analysis where you need to have the "address data" more tagged in detail - for as far as such data is available.- Keep in mind that the query produces a very gene...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:30 am
Topic: Master thesis patent data
Views: 722

Re: Master thesis patent data

Hello chrisparfitt, the PATSTAT data base should contain the data you are looking for, but you will need to extract it. There are no " ready to use" data sets according to your needs. Have a look at the PATSTAT webpage: http://www.epo.org/searching-for-patents/business/patstat.html#tab-1 ; you can o...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:09 pm
Topic: vanishing applications across ediction
Views: 632

Re: vanishing applications across ediction

Hello Gainluca, the most "general rule" for these "disappearances" is the cleaning of the database and removal of duplicates, etc... If you look-up the PUBLICATIONS linked to those "disappeared" applications in the 2018an database, you will see that they are now linked to an application (with the sa...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:11 am
Topic: Patent Publication Research
Replies: 2
Views: 701

Re: Patent Publication Research

Hello Flavio, for sample queries, kindly seach previous forum posts, there are plenty examples. If you would write a query that results in a list that contains all your listed data attributes, then you will have plenty of duplicates at publication (citation) level. Such list can of course be used fo...