Search found 232 matches

by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:46 am
Forum: PATSTAT Product Line
Topic: Accessing Data from PATSTAT Online
Replies: 9
Views: 1312

Re: Accessing Data from PATSTAT Online

Hello Lucas, your question is not really PATSTAT related and outside the scope of this forum. This publication gives you a good general introduction on patents. European_patents_and_the_grant_procedure_2016_en_6.7.pdf In an nutshell -and very much generalised-: Companies apply for patents in those c...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:45 pm

Hello Lucas, all existing application id's are available in TLS201_appln. Your query does not yield any results because SE20170050339 and CA20173027619 are not having any citations. In fact, for Sweden and Canada, the EPO does not have (receive) citation information. REFI Statistics July_2019.pdf So...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:54 pm
Topic: PCT route, international patents and the EP application authority
Replies: 3
Views: 2085

Re: PCT route, international patents and the EP application authority

If by "enforced" you mean "still valid", then you should look at the PGFP codes in combination with the year of payment in order to know if the current (and/or last) year is still covered. Some member states use special national codes to indicate the patent has lapsed. A thorough "validity analysis"...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:59 am
Topic: Counting domestic patents applied internationally
Replies: 10
Views: 5539

Re: Counting domestic patents applied internationally

Hi again, I am still yet to hear a response regarding how I can identify regional applications (i.e. situations in which appln_auth = EP, for example) enforced nationally (i.e. which EP countries the application is designated to) in the years prior to 1980 (i.e. before PGFP was used). How can I do ...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:40 am

Citation analysis: family-family concept

Hello Lucas, the concept of doing citation analysis on families instead of patent applications (or in fact publications) is to avoid under- and over counting. Citations analysis being used as a proxy for "value", reflect the value of "the invention". The protection for "the invention" is represented...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:35 am

Hello Lucas, on 1) yes of course. The query below selects the 2 application id's. SELECT appln_id FROM tls201_appln WHERE appln_id IN (16906140,16906002) You can then download a MS ACCESS subset, and the 2 applications will then result in data base containing al the PATSTAT tables for 29 patent appl...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:15 am

Hello Lucas, it is impossible to do such complex data aggregations and working with such volumes on PATSTAT Online. The maximum download list is 700.000 results (with a paying subscription). (100.000 if you want to extract a database subset.) The first 3 points are more or less covered by a query as...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:04 am
Topic: PATSTAT online
Replies: 1
Views: 607

Re: PATSTAT online

No, that is not possible.
The first user will loose the session to the later login.
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:39 am
Topic: Multiple companies
Replies: 3
Views: 920

Re: Multiple companies

Hello Stanpat, The data is there, the problem is to link your list with company names to the applicant names in the tls206_person table from PATSTAT. With PATSTAT Online, this is basically not possible as you can not upload your own data into the hosted database to start your matching and data aggre...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:26 pm
Topic: Validation state
Replies: 1
Views: 638

Re: Validation state payment

Hello Ferhane, In patstat you can retrieve some of the data on validation fees being paid for Morocco via this query: SELECT * FROM tls201_appln join tls231_inpadoc_legal_event on tls201_appln.appln_id = tls231_inpadoc_legal_event.appln_id where event_code = 'RAV' and extension_states like '%MA%' or...