Search found 97 matches

by nico.rasters
Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:47 am
Forum: PATSTAT Product Line
Topic: Transformation between IPC and NACE
Replies: 5
Views: 3561

Re: Transformation between IPC and NACE

Create three new tables: appln_ipc4 ipc4_nace appln_nace I'm running MySQL and I would use the MyISAM engine instead of InnoDB. Don't know what options you have on Microsoft Server. INSERT INTO `appln_ipc4` (`appln_id`, `ipc4`) SELECT DISTINCT `appln_id`, LEFT(`ipc_class_symbol`,4) FROM `tls209_appl...
by nico.rasters
Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:42 pm
Topic: Error Message
Replies: 3
Views: 7850

Re: Error Message

Just pondering, in case the nb_applicants variable is bugged... MAX(applt_seq_nr) would probably also give you the number of applicants.
by nico.rasters
Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:37 pm
Topic: Transformation between IPC and NACE
Replies: 5
Views: 3561

Re: Transformation between IPC and NACE

Do you have access to a local installation of PATSTAT or are you working with PATSTAT Online?
Are you looking at the full IPC class, or only at for example the subclass?
by nico.rasters
Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:35 pm
Topic: PATSTAT and national databases
Replies: 3
Views: 2126

Re: PATSTAT and national databases

Which fields are available in your Italian Patent Office database?
by nico.rasters
Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:20 pm
Topic: Are you familiar with Y02 / Y04S ?
Replies: 2
Views: 2249

Re: Are you familiar with Y02 / Y04S ?

I don't understand the question "The geographical coverage of relevant countries is excellent". What are relevant countries? Relevant for me? Relevant for the technology? As for the coverage, suppose only five countries in the world are patenting in wind energy, does that mean the geograph...
by nico.rasters
Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:42 pm
Topic: Legal status and PATSTAT Online
Replies: 2
Views: 2246

Re: Legal status and PATSTAT Online

I do not have access to PATSTAT Online so I'm merely quoting the documentation (from my October 2014 version). Legal event data like "post grant" information for European patents in the national phase ("validation" data of EP patents) is available in the PRS database, also known ...
by nico.rasters
Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:37 pm
Topic: Count Company's number of patent applications
Replies: 12
Views: 7175

Re: Count Company's number of patent applications

Hi Tim, When using harmonized names it is possible that you'll get a double count because a patent may have multiple assignees that when harmonized become the same entity. For example when Abbott Laboratories and Abbott Laboratories Chile are the assignees and the hrm_l2 says that both are "Abb...
by nico.rasters
Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:33 pm
Topic: Bibliographic Coupling Results Query
Replies: 4
Views: 2440

Re: Bibliographic Coupling Results Query

I have been trying to rewrite the query to make it run faster but to no avail. I am afraid that your only option is to download data and perform the calculation somewhere else. You can not create views or tables in PATSTAT Online, nor can you create indices. The query you are trying to run is simply...
by nico.rasters
Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:05 pm
Topic: Bibliographic Coupling Results Query
Replies: 4
Views: 2440

Re: Bibliographic Coupling Results Query

I'd do this in php and some intermediate tables, but I assume you are working with PATSTAT Online so that's not an option. I think you can leave out: "AND classA.ipc_subclass_symbol != 'NULL'" (because the INNER JOIN will drop all patents that have no IPC information) as well as ORDER BY c...
by nico.rasters
Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:38 pm
Topic: Count Company's number of patent applications
Replies: 12
Views: 7175

Re: Count Company's number of patent applications

Sorry for the late reply. I was abroad. To answer "Count all applications by Firm X in Year Y", we first need to define what is Year Y. Let's use the YEAR(`tls201_appln`.`appln_filing_date`) for this. Then we need to define "by Firm X". I'm assuming you're looking for the applica...