Search found 49 matches

by alexthurgood
Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:49 pm
Forum: Server Manager
Topic: Database-Size
Replies: 12
Views: 18073

Re: Database-Size

Hi Matt, A reply was given from the EPO that the graphical user interface was designed to prevent the user/admin from carrying out such maintenance tasks, for fear of "wreaking havoc" (my own words) with the database schema, and possibly your valuable data. If you want to learn how to admi...
by alexthurgood
Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:16 pm
Forum: Archive
Topic: New PatXML version 1.3.4 now available
Replies: 10
Views: 14061

Re: New PatXML version 1.3.4 now available

Version 1.3.5 of patXML is now available. This will support Windows 7 and Word 2007 Http://www.epoline.org/patxml.html You gotta love this quote from the manual : "You can prepare and import your patent applications in Microsoft® Word® and save them in software- and system-independent XML (bas...
by alexthurgood
Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:51 pm
Forum: PDF issues
Topic: Open Office / Who knows more about ?
Replies: 7
Views: 4673

Re: Open Office / Who knows more about ?

Thanks for this. I have been looking at whether to go down the Open Office route but support was an issue. Hi Cheryl, Be aware though that PatXML only works with Word DOC (Office97/2000) formatted files or flat XML files as far as I know. There are no XSLT filters publicly/freely available yet for ...
by alexthurgood
Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:46 pm
Forum: Server Manager
Topic: Database-Size
Replies: 12
Views: 18073

Re: Database-Size

I wonder how many patent firms and departments fill their firebird database to a degree where the application performance really takes a huge dive and leads to the enduser having an overall bad impression of the software itself. Most likely all of those law firms and IP departments who do not have ...
by alexthurgood
Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:00 pm
Forum: Patent Management System Integration
Topic: Online Filing platforms
Replies: 1
Views: 5977

Re: Online Filing platforms

Hi,

My only remark would be to ask that if you do use the .NET framework, please make sure it is at least compatible with Mono :

http://www.mono-project.com/FAQ:_General

Alex Thurgood
by alexthurgood
Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:59 am

Ah, Yussuf, A motivating speech indeed, but in my experience unlikely to change much in the near future, unless the governments that have adopted ODF as their format for document exchange raise the issue and put pressure on the EPO to do something about it. Ultimately, the underlying format of inter...
by alexthurgood
Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:20 am
Forum: Patent Management System Integration
Topic: New document defining the XML content within EP and PCT
Replies: 6
Views: 23068

Re: New document defining the XML content within EP and PCT

Please let us have your comments about the usefulness of such a documents in order to enable us the assessment for any future maintenance or further work in that direction. Many thanks, /Thorsten/ Hi Thorsten, This looks to be a very useful document as far as I'm concerned, thanks for putting it to...
by alexthurgood
Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:34 pm
Topic: libGEMSAFE vs. openCS
Replies: 1
Views: 3544

Re: libGEMSAFE vs. openCS

Errrm, because they (as in the EPO) lacked the guts/foresight/resources/call for tender, to cater for other OSes when they developed the software ? It might be well to remember that at the time the E-OLF system development was launched, in desktop terms, it was either MS or AppleOS, the latter havin...
by alexthurgood
Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:20 pm

Frustration is indeed the Word (TM). And don't get me started on the Gemplus PKCS#11 libraries... Do you folks at the EPO know anything about SIPO's efforts to use OpenOffice.org to import and export SIPO XML compliant data ? Take a look here at what was going on in 2004 : http://marketing.openoffic...
by alexthurgood
Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:34 pm
Forum: PDF issues
Topic: Open Office / Who knows more about ?
Replies: 7
Views: 4673

Re:

Hi all, Just an update to this thread. There are now plugins for MSOffice that enable read/write access to ODF documents. Alex Yet another update : Microsoft now offer an in-built ODF converter in MSOffice 2007 with fixpack SP2. Unfortunately, this filter only implements the 1.1 version of the ODF ...