Search found 49 matches

by alexthurgood
Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:26 pm
Forum: Archive
Topic: Epoline SmartCard encrypting and signing E-mails
Replies: 8
Views: 5860

Well, the difference between smartcards and PGP (or other software solutions) is like between a bank safe and a cupboard. It is easy to copy information stored on a hard disk, but it is nearly impossible to copy a smartcard. Hi Martin, Of course, but in that case, one shouldn't leave one's computer...
by alexthurgood
Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:23 pm
Forum: Installation and maintenance
Topic: Online Filing and Windows Vista
Views: 4962

What is the situation with this problem at the moment? Vista computers are shipping and it would be preferrable to transfer to Vista in new computers because most of the retailers are shipping new computers with Vista license. Has anybody made it working with or without help from Epoline? Smartcard...
by alexthurgood
Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:10 pm
Forum: PDF issues
Topic: Open Office / Who knows more about ?
Replies: 7
Views: 4673

Hi all,

Just an update to this thread. There are now plugins for MSOffice that enable read/write access to ODF documents.

Alex
by alexthurgood
Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:04 pm
Topic: Epoline SmartCard encrypting and signing E-mails
Views: 5860

Martin M, thank you very much for this information. I am very glad that it is technical possible. It was an idea to have a security communication within a group of European Patent Attorneys (for an instance an EPI committee) where all members have Epoline SmartCard. Hi Jani, This may seem a rather ...
by alexthurgood
Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:41 pm
Forum: Patent Management System Integration
Topic: Online Filing V4
Replies: 5
Views: 12593

V4 offers a Patent Management Interface and there is already some information and development kit available to start programming for this interface - see http://www.epoline.org/olfdevelopmentkit.html Hi Thorsten, I'm downloading the SDK now to see what's in it :-) The browser based client is not pa...
by alexthurgood
Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:21 pm
Topic: Online filing generally
Replies: 4
Views: 5267

I agree with the points made by pnh, particularly the web interface idea - eliminating the deployment of the client software. 2. Potentially Active Directory integration for security, so administration can be centralised and we do not have to maintain a totally separate set of usernames and passwor...
by alexthurgood
Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:59 am
Topic: Annex F
Replies: 16
Views: 23982

Further edit: I transformed an Amyuni pdf of a specification (indicated as non-annex F compliant) with a freeware PDF version changer to version 1.4. (http://www.nicepdf.com) The OLF program does not complain anymore... Well, it might suggest that Amyuni doesn't produce Adobe PDF spec 1.4 compliant...
by alexthurgood
Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:41 pm

So my guess is it's either the Grayscale scheme or the embedded fonts that do the damage... I can't really guarantee that the ABX produced pdfs are compliant with any other requirements though... There are also some fine OpenSource PDF writers out there that could probably help you out here too. ES...
by alexthurgood
Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:17 pm

Re: Annex F compliance

I do not beliebe this PDF 1.4 thing since I assume that PDF 1.3 should be working then but it does not. There are however differences in each of the specifications. The Amunyani software that was bundled with eOLF used to produce non-compliant PDFs. I was under the impression that this had since be...
by alexthurgood
Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:43 pm
Topic: Support for ISO Standard 26300 in Epoline Filing Software
Replies: 3
Views: 5324

Hi Alex, here is another reply from our expert: The EPO is currently analyzing the use of ODF documents, for filing as well as for many other applications office-wide. It is difficult to give an estimation of when this format could be accepted, but it is not expected any time soon, as the impact on...