Search found 52 matches

by Mike_k43
Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:09 am
Forum: Open Patent Services (OPS) and bulk data subscription products
Topic: New OPS terms of use and Fair use charter from 2018 on
Replies: 7
Views: 11327

Re: New OPS terms of use and Fair use charter from 2018 on

Dear OPS Support, I have a question concerning Fair Use. We have now implemented our tool to download PDF documents from OPS. We currently use OAuth2 authentication, but (for testing purposes) with a non-paying account. The consequence is that, after downloading about 30 documents, you will receive ...
by Mike_k43
Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:53 am
Topic: Incorrect HttpResponse Status when no results found [v 3.2]
Replies: 8
Views: 4529

Re: Incorrect HttpResponse Status when no results found [v 3.2]

This is a follow up of my earlier posts concerning OPS 3.2 behaviour with null result queries. OPS Support announced an OPS maintenance release for early September and that additional information about the new release would be provided on this Forum by the end of August. We are now mid-September and...
by Mike_k43
Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:37 pm
Topic: HTTP Message "404 Not Found"
Replies: 4
Views: 2833

Re: HTTP Message "404 Not Found"

As an addendum, I noticed that there is another post of February 2017, entitled "Incorrect HttpResponse Status when no results found [v 3.2]". This user has exactly the same problem as I have. He furthermore observed that the return "404 Not found" is specific to OPS 3.2. I re-ch...
by Mike_k43
Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:36 am
Topic: HTTP Message "404 Not Found"
Replies: 4
Views: 2833

HTTP Message "404 Not Found"

In OPS, if a query does not provide any results, the calling application receives the above HTTP message from the OPS server. The calling application (such as when written in Csharp) interprets this message as a WebException , necessitating a catch{} block which disrupts normal program flow. The fac...
by Mike_k43
Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:23 am
Topic: Deserializing OPS XML output to Csharp class objects
Replies: 6
Views: 5163

Re: Deserializing OPS XML output to Csharp class objects

Here is now what I have found out after literally days of work. In order to obtain a csharp code file from the provided XSD files, proceed as follows: 1) Copy the files ops.xsd, exchange-documents.xsd, fulltext-documents.xsd, CPCSchema.xsd, rplus.xsd and ops_legal.xsd to a local folder. 2) Replace i...
by Mike_k43
Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:56 am
Topic: CQL and query for only patents with english docs
Replies: 5
Views: 4233

Re: CQL and query for only patents with english docs

I have a similar problem, I would like to get the language of patent publications. However it seems that e.g. exchangedocument[0].@abstract[0].lang contains the language of the first abstract, but exchangedocument[0].bibliographicdata.applicationreference[0].documentid[0].lang exchangedocument[0].bi...
by Mike_k43
Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:49 pm
Forum: PatXML
Topic: PATXML / WORD COMPATIBILITY
Views: 10181

Re: PATXML / WORD COMPATIBILITY

EPO Support says PatXML only works with 32bit Word. If one has 64bit Word it will not work.
by Mike_k43
Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:22 am
Forum: PatXML
Topic: PATXML / WORD COMPATIBILITY
Views: 10181

Re: PATXML / WORD COMPATIBILITY

I also experience big problems with PatXML. I have Windows 8.1, Word 2010, "Arial Unicode MS" font installed, and Java Runtime Environment Version 8 Update 131 (the one recommended by Oracle for Windows 8.1). In Word security settings the ActiveX setting is "activate all control eleme...
by Mike_k43
Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:09 pm
Topic: Concatenating PDF pages from OPS
Views: 3399

Re: Concatenating PDF pages from OPS

As an addendum, we now have the concatenating software running, using the OAuth2 authorization, There is now one final problem with the format of the publication numbers: E.g. as from the manual, for EP1000000A1:: GET https://ops.epo.org/rest-services/published-data/images/EP/1000000/A1/fullimage X-...
by Mike_k43
Mon May 22, 2017 10:49 am
Topic: Concatenating PDF pages from OPS
Views: 3399

Re: Concatenating PDF pages from OPS

Dear OPS Support, Thanks for confirming that OPS will continue to provide page-by-page PDFs. I now just need an answer to one very specific question: The PDF's from Espacenet are in "Linearized PDF" format. Are the single page PDF's from OPS also in "Linearized PDF" or are they i...