by alexthurgood
Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:07 pm
Forum: Archive
Topic: CML / SVG support
Replies: 7
Views: 10602

twesthues wrote:Hi Alex,

here is what our expert provided:

I believe this pretty much answers your question.

Kind regards,
Thorsten

Wow, Thorsten, this is good news, at least it will be if the USPTO finally agrees to adopt an open, documented and non-proprietary format.

Thanks a lot for the info,

Alex
by alexthurgood
Wed May 31, 2006 12:20 pm
Forum: General
Topic: Linux / MacOSX left in the lurch ?
Replies: 9
Views: 10966

The version you'll find in sourceforge is receiving server related and the version will be updated in the near future, however, there is nothing with respect to the client software - and hence, I would not put any energy into trying to analyse the package as it is aimed at patent offices only. Kind...
by alexthurgood
Tue May 30, 2006 11:03 am
Topic: CML / SVG support
Views: 10602

CML / SVG support

Hi all, Does the current software implementation cater for the use of CML (chemical markup language) to be able to represent chemical structures, or do formulae based on CML have to be converted into an image format ? This leads me to my second question : If images are required to represent chemical...
by alexthurgood
Tue May 30, 2006 10:59 am
Forum: PDF issues
Topic: [b]PDF generation in MS Windows 98SE leads to formulae er
Replies: 1
Views: 3844

Re: [b]PDF generation in MS Windows 98SE leads to formulae e

PLEASE NOTE :!: We are looking into the matter to see whether this problem can be overcome or whether perhaps the support for MS Windows 98SE needs to be stopped altogether. Thorsten Westhues (epoline QA) Hi Thorsten, Well you don't seem to have had too many replies here, but Win98SE is still alive...
by alexthurgood
Tue May 30, 2006 10:31 am
Topic: epolineĀ® patent management systems gateway interface Info..
Replies: 1
Views: 53096

Re: epolineĀ® patent management systems gateway interface Inf

Hi epoline team,

Looks interesting, shame I get a PDF error about WingDing font present in the document and absent on my system (Linux, Adobe Acrobat Reader 7) ;-)

Alex
by alexthurgood
Tue May 30, 2006 10:22 am
Topic: Accessing My.epoline via Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.X
Replies: 8
Views: 10058

Re: Accessing My.epoline via Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.X

alexthurgood wrote: Hi,
Does this work on a Unix/Linux platform ?

Alex

Oops, I've just read your other posts - Windows dll only, so no Linux support there.

Alex
by alexthurgood
Tue May 30, 2006 9:53 am
Forum: General
Topic: Linux / MacOSX left in the lurch ?
Replies: 9
Views: 10966

The EPO supports and develops packages for Linux on the server and backend side but not yet on the client side, mainly due to limitations in budget but also in demand of such solutions. However, in the long run, online filing by web services (SOAP) may become an option which would then at least all...
by alexthurgood
Tue May 30, 2006 9:42 am
Topic: Accessing My.epoline via Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.X
Replies: 8
Views: 10058

Re: Accessing My.epoline via Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.X

There appears to be some changes in Firefox between 1.0.8 and 1.5.X, hence this additional bit of information after normal setting up with GemSAFE (see previous postings). Please note that this solution requires at least version 1.5.0.2 of Mozilla Firefox. Hi, Does this work on a Unix/Linux platfor...
by alexthurgood
Tue May 30, 2006 9:34 am
Forum: PDF issues
Topic: Open Office / Who knows more about ?
Views: 4737

Re: Open Office / Who knows more about ?

I am currently searching for some detailed information about support for Open-Office. It seems to me, that the worldwide move towards opensource is not fully registered by the developerteams although the transfer and the dataformat are using standarized protocols and documentformats, just like open...