Search found 23 matches

by Jemimus
Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:11 pm
Forum: Installation and maintenance
Topic: V5 experience anyone?
Replies: 21
Views: 12007

Re: V5 experience anyone?

The client installation runs well unattanded ( OLF500client.exe /qn ) only if there is no previous installation present! If it finds the installation folder of the previous version of the Thin client, it will always display a question wether you want to remove this folder. I also saw in a different ...
by Jemimus
Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:31 pm

I have now completed a test update of a clone of our production server and database. here are my intial opservations. - The error I was getting earlier, was the setup running out of disk space. Our production database is 8gb. Our application volume on the server was 20gb. During the first steps of t...
by Jemimus
Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:06 pm

We have just installed Adobe Reader 9 because we need the ability to print Japanese fonts. This is subsequent to (i.e. after) our recent upgrade to V5 of the patent filing software. Now, when we try to use V5, we get the error message "Adobe Reader not installed". I guess V5 is looking fo...
by Jemimus
Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:13 pm
Topic: Updating OLF 4.00 for upgrade to 5.00
Replies: 3
Views: 2478

Re: Updating OLF 4.00 for upgrade to 5.00

Something odd. When I look in the Info screen for the OLF server manager tool, I see version 4.0.228, which is listed as being too low for the update to 5.00 http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2798/4365405178_9c0f27515b_o.jpg But last night I tried the update anyway. When I had to select what components...
by Jemimus
Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:08 pm

I tried updating our installation in test on tueday, and the update failed with the following error: "The export of the user data from the production database failed. The Installation is aborted." http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4029/4365405164_730d4c8800_o.gif I am gonna try again in a sec.
by Jemimus
Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:39 pm
Forum: PDF issues
Topic: How does OFC PDF-viewer detect Adobe?
Views: 4082

Re: How does OFC PDF-viewer detect Adobe?

It turns out it doesnt. I have since tried several different combinations of keys, but I never got it to stick to the version I wanted Realiably. In the end, we Install Acrobat 7 Standard first, then install Reader 9 on top. OLf ill then use Reader 9 to open the files, but people can still use the 7...
by Jemimus
Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:23 pm
Topic: Updating OLF 4.00 for upgrade to 5.00
Views: 2478

Updating OLF 4.00 for upgrade to 5.00

Hi, Today I have started preparing for our upgrade. Thankfully its very easy to experiment because our OLF server is Virtual, and i have a clone of the production server to play with. First issue I have run into is that our verion of OLF appears to be build 4.228 hile 4.229 is required to update. Th...
by Jemimus
Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:08 pm
Topic: Technical Neccesity Upgrade to v5
Replies: 2
Views: 1759

Re: Technical Neccesity Upgrade to v5

Thank you Thorsten, that is exactly what I needed to know.
by Jemimus
Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:46 pm
Topic: Technical Neccesity Upgrade to v5
Replies: 2
Views: 1759

Technical Neccesity Upgrade to v5

Hello and Greetings, Our Patent administration department has asked us to upgrade to v5 I would like to get an idea of how nessesary it is to upgrade, from a technical or functional point-of-view. Though we wish to service our users, our IT department is currently under time-constraints, and I need ...
by Jemimus
Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:02 pm
Topic: Certificate Update Question and Wise package comment
Replies: 0
Views: 1950

Certificate Update Question and Wise package comment

Hi all, This may be a stupid question, but I am gonna ask it anyway. I have inherited this EOF client-server installation, and really don't know that much about it yet. Today I was asked to install the new WIPO certificate update. But I am not sure if I should apply this update to our server only, o...