Search found 119 matches

by mkracker
Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:33 am
Forum: PATSTAT Product Line
Topic: SPCs classified as patents
Replies: 1
Views: 1425

Re: SPCs classified as patents

The EPO does not receive many SPC publications from other offices, consequently you will find publications in PATSTAT only for some countries. Much more complete SPC data can be found in PATSTAT Legal Status (table TLS221_INPADOC_PRS), so I encourage you to have a look there. As an outlook to the 20...
by mkracker
Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:37 am
Topic: PATSTAT 2016 Autumn - TLS215_CITN_CATEG corrupt data?
Replies: 3
Views: 1861

Re: PATSTAT 2016 Autumn - TLS215_CITN_CATEG corrupt data?

Hi, Thank you for reporting these data errors. Your observation confirms the rule that no database is completely correct, not even PATSTAT ;) . In fact, the citations are taken from EPOs REFI and DOCDB databases, which contains data collected from more than 80 patent offices around the world in a va...
by mkracker
Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:57 pm
Topic: PATSTAT autumn 2016 checksums
Views: 1562

Re: PATSTAT autumn 2016 checksums

Dear Rachie, The problems with the files delivered on USB memory sticks which affected some users were due to the file system used (NTFS). Consequently we will change the file system to FAT32 for future deliveries. For the download from our Raw Data Platform we already provide a checksum. And as you...
by mkracker
Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:58 pm
Topic: NACE Rev. 2 Classification of an Applicant
Replies: 4
Views: 3097

Re: NACE Rev. 2 Classification of an Applicant

Hi Tim, I am not sure you understood me correctly. I meant this: select sum(weight) as WeightOfNaceCode, -- sum of weights of all applications, by NACE code n.nace2_code from tls206_person p join tls207_pers_appln pa on p.person_id = pa.person_id join tls229_appln_nace2 n on pa.appln_id = n.appln_id...
by mkracker
Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:31 pm
Topic: Count forward citations per year
Replies: 6
Views: 3257

Re: Count forward citations per year

Hi Lola, Instead of running multiple queries you can do it more elegantly by using a subquery like this: select * from tls201_appln where docdb_family_id IN -- subquery, which returns a list of DOCDB_FAMILY_IDs (select docdb_family_id from tls201_appln a join tls207_pers_appln pa on a.appln_id = pa....
by mkracker
Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:10 pm
Topic: NACE Rev. 2 Classification of an Applicant
Replies: 4
Views: 3097

Re: NACE Rev. 2 Classification of an Applicant

Hi Tim, it's not in the data, but it's quite straightforward to compute it yourself: For all applications of an applicant, sum up the weights of each NACE classification. If needed, you may normalize the values by dividing them by the number of applications, so the sum of all NACE weights of an appl...
by mkracker
Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:08 pm
Topic: PATSTAT autumn 2016 release
Replies: 2
Views: 1575

Re: PATSTAT autumn 2016 release

Dear Jos, Thank you for reporting this issue. We know that some people already opened and imported the files on the USB memory sticks without problems. But for some users (currently we are aware of 2 cases) these files on the memory sticks cannot be unzipped: TLS221_part37.zip from PATSTAT Legal Sta...
by mkracker
Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:18 am

Hi Lola, I thought this over again. If you want to have family-family citations by publication year (or by any other grouping), then you cannot use table TLS228_DOCDB_FAM_CITN. For normal uses this table is very convenient, but it does not contain the data to do the grouping you need, e.g. by public...
by mkracker
Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:57 pm

Hi , Thank you for the clear description of your problem. I think you mixed up 1 or 2 attributes regarding cited / citing families. As a consequence, you get a strange result. I adapted your query (changes are marked) and hope that this is what you are looking for. SELECT tls201_appln.docdb_family_i...
by mkracker
Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:36 pm
Topic: EXPORTING DATA TO EXCEL
Views: 2501

Re: EXPORTING DATA TO EXCEL

Hi Bernardo, as a beginner of SQL you have done a great job. In a statistical analysis you typically want to count something, like applications published on a certain date or year. There are 2 approaches to do that and both require different queries which are - except for the SELECT and a GROUP BY c...