Search found 730 matches

by EPO / OPS Support
Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:33 pm
Forum: Open Patent Services (OPS) and bulk data subscription products
Topic: Drawings resolution
Replies: 1
Views: 1739

Re: Drawings resolution

Dear Jpat, Espacenet is using newer version of images backend at the moment, but this will at some point be aligned with the new version of OPS. At the moment, you can only get data as currently available in OPS. I had a look at both and the version from OPS is still very good, although not as great...
by EPO / OPS Support
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:16 am
Topic: Firstpage missing
Replies: 2
Views: 1948

Re: Firstpage missing

Hi, First page image is a special product when we extract and then assign 1 representative drawing as a "first page image" in a simple patent family if the family has WO, AT, FR, DE, GB , EP , CA or US family member. KR document is therefore never a publication with a First page image but if it has ...
by EPO / OPS Support
Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:08 pm
Topic: Error on getting fullimage
Replies: 7
Views: 3557

Re: Error on getting fullimage

Hi, Actually, I was assuming you are asking about characted-coded full text in XML and not PDF's (I am not sure why... :-)) . But that's not a problem, its good to explain PDF's too: A0 is not a document, A0 is a page saying that EP A1 does not exists as full text, but that you have to take WO inste...
by EPO / OPS Support
Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:48 am
Topic: Error on getting fullimage
Replies: 7
Views: 3557

Re: Error on getting fullimage

Hi Gerald, Your two cases are un-published EURO PCT's (have one of the EP procedural languages already so they won't be translated and published as full text of that A1 biblio - WO full text apply ), their full text is only retrievable by using WO publication number and querying WO full text. It wor...
by EPO / OPS Support
Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:11 pm
Forum: Results list & document pane
Topic: Simple Family - US Continuation & CIP Publications
Views: 589

Re: Simple Family - US Continuation & CIP Publications

Hi, May I suggest you read a document in PDF that we offer on our family pages: https://www.epo.org/searching-for-patents/helpful-resources/first-time-here/patent-families/docdb.html As you will see in the document, family definition is not tool dependent, we offer DOCDB families as well as INPADOC ...
by EPO / OPS Support
Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:23 am
Topic: Wrong response format error in published-data request
Replies: 4
Views: 2286

Re: Wrong response format error in published-data request

Hi, Actually, the source is the same but I didn't display the result once I saw 200 successful status. I've asked colleagues on Friday already to look at it, I will provide you with an update once I get more info from them. Thank you for reporting this and let me now if you get more Regards, Vesna f...
by EPO / OPS Support
Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:08 am
Topic: Wrong response format error in published-data request
Replies: 4
Views: 2286

Re: Wrong response format error in published-data request

Dear Thomas,

I just recreated your search in API Console and I cannot confirm the issue, I get both document, in DOCDB format
Capture_docdb.PNG
Regards,
Vesna
by EPO / OPS Support
Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:46 am
Topic: JUNE 2020 UPDATE: OPS extends data coverage for character-coded full-text (XML)
Replies: 2
Views: 7969

Re: JUNE 2020 UPDATE: OPS extends data coverage for character-coded full-text (XML)

Hi, US full text in XML is available at the USPTO and we don't have any plans to add that into OPS any time soon. In order for us to offer such data either in a bulk or via webservices, offices in question have to give us permission to do so and usually if offices offer their own systems, sets or we...
by EPO / OPS Support
Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:19 pm
Topic: DOCDB and Concordance Kind - How to find granted patents?
Views: 1825

Re: DOCDB and Concordance Kind - How to find granted patents?

HI, Data in DOCDB in XML has kind of the documents codes as those in the table, under DOCDB column, of course. Please note that the table shows kind codes as EPO has them in our databases, not necessary same as original kind codes in national offices (some biblio data does not have a kind code, but ...