Search found 52 matches

by Mike_k43
Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:07 pm
Forum: Open Patent Services (OPS) and bulk data subscription products
Topic: OPS timeouts on 6 and 7 January 2018
Replies: 15
Views: 6808

Re: OPS timeouts on 6 and 7 January 2018

It happened on the mornings on Sat 6 and Sun 7, but not at a specific time. I then stopped testing. It also happened this morning Mon. 8. I suspect that this is some "requests per Minute" restriction which I may have exceeded but this is not documented in the Manual.

mike_k43
by Mike_k43
Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:24 pm
Topic: OPS timeouts on 6 and 7 January 2018
Replies: 15
Views: 6808

OPS timeouts on 6 and 7 January 2018

Dear OPS support, While testing on this weekend I started to note that OPS frequently simply times out without any response (neither data nor error nor fault response). Since there is no error message received I do not know what the problem is. Is this a new feature in the Fair Use reinforcement of ...
by Mike_k43
Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:14 pm
Topic: Handling of OPS XML Error data
Replies: 6
Views: 3402

Re: Handling of OPS XML Error data

I have now found the major cause of the problem. There are two types of exceptions in OPS, faults and errors (to be deserialised to restFault and error objects, respectively). The expiry of the OAuth2 token generates an error, not a fault. The OPS manual shows XML representations of the error object...
by Mike_k43
Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:35 am

I have tried to log OPS request/responses. However the communication to OPS is over HTTPS (SSL). This requires special measures on the local computer to decrypt HTTPS traffic. The HttpListener Class I have in my compiler seems to be able to handle Kerberos or NTLM authentication but not OAuth2. The ...
by Mike_k43
Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:55 am

Dear OPS Support, Firstly, I do not know whether the 130 byte null character error message is indeed due to an expired OAuth2 token. The Manual says that in this case you should receive a properly formatted XML response with HTTP code 400 "Bad Request" and message "invalid_access_toke...
by Mike_k43
Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:23 pm

Handling of OPS XML Error data

Dear OPS support, We are currently finishing proper catching in software the possible WebExceptions that can be caused by error responses received from OPS (such as with 404, 400 or 403 Http codes). It is apparently possible in such error situations to retrieve the raw XML error data from the WebRes...
by Mike_k43
Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:41 am
Topic: Incorrect HttpResponse Status when no results found [v 3.2]
Replies: 8
Views: 4498

Re: Incorrect HttpResponse Status when no results found [v 3.2]

Dear OPS support, This behaviour of OPS is unsatisfactory. As already explained, my progarmming language, and presumably others too, will interpret such "404 Not found" response as a WebException, necessitating interruption of normal program flow with a try{}/catch{WebException} approach. ...
by Mike_k43
Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:44 am
Topic: Incorrect HttpResponse Status when no results found [v 3.2]
Replies: 8
Views: 4498

Re: Incorrect HttpResponse Status when no results found [v 3.2]

Dear OPS support: I revert concerning this issue. The announcement of Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:53 am was that this issue would be fixed with the new release. However now, with method GET, the query https://ops.epo.org/3.2/rest-services/published-data/[b]search[/b]/biblio? q=sap%3DUS20080027420P still retu...
by Mike_k43
Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:57 am
Topic: New OPS terms of use and Fair use charter from 2018 on
Replies: 7
Views: 11136

Re: New OPS terms of use and Fair use charter from 2018 on

Dear OPS Support, Maybe I did not formulate my two questions precisely enought, so I will reformulate them: a) If we have a "paying" account, will the OAuth2 token still expire about 20 minutes after requesting it? This is a question with yes/no answer. b) If we have a "paying" a...
by Mike_k43
Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:03 pm
Topic: New OPS terms of use and Fair use charter from 2018 on
Replies: 7
Views: 11136

Re: New OPS terms of use and Fair use charter from 2018 on

Dear OPS Support,

I have not yet received Feedback concerning my below questions. The answers thereto are not in the communications published by EPO concerning OAuth2 nor in the OPS 3.2 Manual.

mike_k43