Search found 119 matches

by mkracker
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:31 am
Forum: PATSTAT Product Line
Topic: proper character set for tls203 and tls206 of patstat 2020 Spring version
Replies: 1
Views: 1348

Re: proper character set for tls203 and tls206 of patstat 2020 Spring version

Hi Hanyang, The general recommendation we give in the relevant documentation "How to load PATSTAT data" (see bottom of page https://www.epo.org/searching-for-patents/business/patstat.html ) is this: When using MySQL: You must select character set utf8mb4 , because MySQL's character set utf...
by mkracker
Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:52 pm
Topic: Question: how to merge PATSTAT with Orbis
Views: 2795

Re: Question: how to merge PATSTAT with Orbis

The HAN (Harmonized Applicant Name) attributes in PATSTAT are dervied from a public data set (see attachment for details) of the OECD - so all credits for HAN go to them. If the PATSTSTAT attribute HAN_HARMONIZED = 2, then the HAN_NAME should match with a name in ORBIS. But I do not have access to O...
by mkracker
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:59 am
Topic: Download all retrieved applications in xml format!
Replies: 3
Views: 1838

Re: Download all retrieved applications in xml format!

Dear HZ, I do not see why you should not be able to download the abstracts selected by your query with the "Result table" download feature. Also, for retrieving only certain section of your result ("paging"), have a look at the option the ORDER BY clause of T-SQL provides: https:...
by mkracker
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:49 am
Topic: Download all retrieved applications in xml format!
Views: 1838

Re: Download all retrieved applications in xml format!

Dear HZ, Thanks you for reporting this bug in the "Download Application" feature. We will fix it in a new version. In case another download format (CSV, Excel .xlsx, MS Access .accdb) would also work for you, then please note that there are several other download options available ("D...
by mkracker
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:31 am
Topic: PATSTAT Global
Views: 3498

Re: PATSTAT Global

Hi , You are right. Not all legal events in the Category "R" ('PARTY DATA CHANGE') have the fields about old and new party populated. Currently - 2/3 of the attribute PARTY_OLD and - 3/4 of the attribute PARTY_NEW are populated. We provide the data as we receive them from the corresponding...
by mkracker
Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:14 am
Topic: Question: How to effeciently retrieve in a same table with different timescale and different CPC number?
Views: 2025

Re: Question: How to effeciently retrieve in a same table with different timescale and different CPC number?

Dear HZ, The data on which PATSTAT Online is based is also available as bulk data for download and import into your own data base management system. It is a subscription product. If you just need a single edition, PATSTAT Global (worldwide patents) currently costs 975 EUR and PATSTAT EP Register (on...
by mkracker
Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:25 am
Topic: Question: How to effeciently retrieve in a same table with different timescale and different CPC number?
Views: 2025

Re: Question: How to effeciently retrieve in a same table with different timescale and different CPC number?

Dear HZ, PATSTAT Online and its 3rd party components unfortunately is not free of bugs. In certain complex queries (e.g. nested queries with aliases) it detects syntax errors where there are none. Often there is a workaround by slightly re-writing the query, like - what I did below - to replace &quo...
by mkracker
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:45 pm
Topic: PATSTAT Online 2020a is now available.
Replies: 4
Views: 2660

Re: PATSTAT Online 2020a is now available.

Thank you, Rudi, for this proposal. I will consider in in the next version. The SHA-1 you mentioned is created automatically by our Bulk Data Platform from which you can download EPO data. But generally, SHA-1 is used less and less. So for additional check sums we will utilize the more future-proof ...
by mkracker
Thu May 14, 2020 7:36 am
Topic: PATSTAT Online 2020a is now available.
Replies: 4
Views: 2660

Re: PATSTAT Online 2020a is now available.

Dear Rudi, Thanks for your suggestion. Please find in the attached file the requested check sum data. SHA512_for_PATSTAT_files.zip BTW: I personally use the free 7zip tool (with command line interface) a lot to unzip archives.. Like WinZip, it sometimes has issues, but in some cases it is useful to ...
by mkracker
Mon May 11, 2020 11:07 am
Topic: Problem with concatenated fields
Views: 1393

Re: Problem with concatenated fields

Hi Stefana, Interesting question, so I had a look and tried it myself. You will find my code below. My thoughts: I assume you did not consider that the technical field table TLS901_TECHN_FIELD_IPC contains multiple entries for each technical field number. There is one record for each technical field...