Search found 119 matches

by mkracker
Fri May 29, 2015 3:14 pm
Forum: PATSTAT Product Line
Topic: Unavailability of PATSTAT Online May 26th - June 8th 2015
Replies: 4
Views: 2664

Re: Unavailability of PATSTAT Online May 26th - June 8th 201

We switched to MS SQL Server for a couple of technical reasons: • It is in line with our IT strategy. • The data preparation process for PATSTAT raw data is also based on MS SQL Server. • PATSTAT Online is an application on top of the DBMS. In this architecture, the JDBC driver is of crucial importa...
by mkracker
Mon May 18, 2015 4:32 pm
Topic: Concordance between IPC and SIC or ISIC
Replies: 3
Views: 10459

Re: Concordance between IPC and SIC or ISIC

You might be interested in NACE2 as well. NACE2 is the Statistical Classification of Economic Activities in the European Community, Rev. 2 (2008) (in French: Nomenclature statistique des activités économiques dans la Communauté européenne). It serves a similar purpose than the SIC (Standard Industri...
by mkracker
Mon May 18, 2015 4:00 pm
Topic: Revised Data Catalog "Register for PATSTAT"
Replies: 0
Views: 1427

Revised Data Catalog "Register for PATSTAT"

“Register for PATSTAT” contains detailed bibliographic, legal, procedural and historical data for EP patents. Its Data Catalog, downloadable from http://www.epo.org/searching/subscription/raw/product-14-24-2.html , has recently be considerably revised. I hope the added content and improved readabili...
by mkracker
Mon May 18, 2015 3:49 pm
Topic: Unavailability of PATSTAT Online May 26th - June 8th 2015
Replies: 4
Views: 2664

Unavailability of PATSTAT Online May 26th - June 8th 2015

Due to a larger maintenance and re-installation effort, PATSTAT Online will not be available from May 26th - June 8th 2015. Among others, the database management system which is currently MySQL will be replaced by MS SQL Server. Because their SQL dialects differ slightly, you may have to adapt your ...
by mkracker
Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:04 am
Topic: Multiple items in NPL_BIBLIO strings
Replies: 1
Views: 1506

Re: Multiple items in NPL_BIBLIO strings

Thank you, Jos, for that interesting question. I checked with the expert, and indeed I learned something myself: The short answer: Corresponding documents are documents which have the same or substantially the same technical content, so they are stored in the same string, separated by the string “-&...
by mkracker
Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:08 am
Topic: PROBLEMS WITH "CREATE VIEW" IN PATSTAT ONLINE
Replies: 2
Views: 2508

Re: PROBLEMS WITH "CREATE VIEW" IN PATSTAT ONLINE

Hi Ricardo, What Nico wrote is correct, if you have created your own database by loading PATSTAT raw data. However, you wrote that you are using PATSTAT Online, which is the hosted version of PATSTAT. PATSTAT Online has some additional features, but also some limitations. Most notably, it is a read-...
by mkracker
Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:25 pm
Topic: 2014 Autumn Edition is shipped
Replies: 0
Views: 1495

2014 Autumn Edition is shipped

I am glad to report that the PATSTAT Raw Data DVDs "2014 Autumn Edition" is currently shipped. You should receive the DVDs by Dec 15th at the latest. The production of this edition took longer than usual. The reason was that we changed the processing platform and significantly streamlined ...
by mkracker
Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:42 am
Topic: PUBLN_FIRST_GRANT?
Replies: 1
Views: 4015

Re: PUBLN_FIRST_GRANT?

Hi Nico, Roughly spoken, most offices publish their patents first as applications and later, if the applications are granted, as granted patents . I repeat your points and add my responses: ● Not all publications are grants (but all grants are publications). Correct - see above. ● Therefore, not all...
by mkracker
Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:08 am
Topic: TLS218_DOCDB_FAM
Replies: 5
Views: 8547

Re: TLS218_DOCDB_FAM

The PATSTAT Data Catalog describes table TLS218_DOCDB_FAM quite correctly: " Generally speaking, if two applications claim exactly the same prior applications as priorities (.....), then they are defined by the EPO as belonging to the same DOCDB simple family. The EPO reserves the right to clas...
by mkracker
Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:59 pm
Topic: TLS218_DOCDB_FAM
Replies: 5
Views: 8547

Re: TLS218_DOCDB_FAM

PATSTAT does not compute the EPO simple families (table TLS218_DOCDB_FAM) by itself, but simply takes this information from the DOCDB backfile. Although the EPO simple family (also called DOCDB family) is very useful and widely used, the DOCDB manual states: " The business rules governing the f...