Search found 440 matches

by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:26 pm
Forum: PATSTAT Product Line
Topic: Patent family landscape
Replies: 3
Views: 3711

Re: Patent family landscape

Hello Eduardo, they do have family members in your list of countries, but you don't see them in your result list because your criteria of "AND a.appln_filing_year BETWEEN 2000 AND 2015" will exclude the family members from the list that have filing dates outside that range. This is very of...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:26 pm
Topic: Duplicate Application ID
Replies: 2
Views: 1657

Re: Duplicate Application ID

Hello Athimet, from a syntax point of view, your query is correct. From a logical & data aggregation point of view, there is room for improvement. There are duplicate records because of the combination of tables you have joined in the FROM clause in your query. You should in principle not join a...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:12 pm
Topic: IPC classification - How to get the number of patent applications in Biotechnology
Replies: 1
Views: 1671

Re: IPC classification - How to get the number of patent applications in Biotechnology

Hello Khanhhienbi, The criteria of using one or the other IPC or CPC classification codes to define a certain technology sector or fields lies with the researcher. It is rather difficult to draw strict lines between the various fields simply based on the classification codes, and there are "gre...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:05 pm
Topic: Patent Fractional Count at NUTS-2 (3) level
Replies: 4
Views: 4057

Re: Patent Fractional Count at NUTS-2 level

Hello Simone, NUTS codes are constructed according to a hierarchical system based on the number of digits. For Italy you can retrieve all the NUTS codes via the query below: SELECT nuts ,nuts_level ,nuts_label FROM tls904_nuts where nuts like 'IT%' order by nuts NUTS_Italy.xlsx If you look at the (s...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:21 am
Topic: How to load/use PATSTAT data in R?
Views: 1463

Re: How to load/use PATSTAT data in R?

Hello MrQuicky,
I can not help you with R,
but at this link you will find sample scripts for loading PATSTAT on a MySQL platform.

patstat-2019b-mysql-upload-scripts-8627 ... 590#p24590
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:46 am
Topic: PATSTAT: Aren't all application in tls201 included in tls209?
Views: 1163

Re: PATSTAT: Aren't all application in tls201 included in tls209?

Hello, your queries are correct. I assume that the reason for missing IPC codes is that those patents simply have not been classified, so nothing wrong with the data as such. The WIPO guide gives some information on the IPC history and when it entered into force. wipo_guide_ipc_2020.pdf I don't know...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:52 am
Topic: Help with SQL query - How to count the number of patent applications of a specific company
Views: 1226

Re: Help with SQL query - How to count the number of patent applications of a specific company

Hello khanhhienbi, first a couple of observations: Patents that have been filed between '2016-01-01' and '2020-01-01' will mostly not be granted yet. It easily takes 3 to 4 years for a patent to become granted. So I have widened the scope, but you can easily adapt it to your needs. If you want to &q...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:41 am
Topic: X-categorized citations
Views: 2114

Re: X-categorized citations

Hello Val, there is a small logical mistake in your query. The tls215_citn_categ should be joined via 2 attributes in order to link the correct citation category to the citations: t6.pat_publn_id = t12.pat_publn_id and t6.citn_id = t12.citn_id So observe that the join is NOT via t6.cited_pat_publn_i...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:58 pm
Topic: IPC classification
Views: 5320

Re: IPC classification, F and L, Schmoch technology scheme

Dear Eduardo, That is a whole lot of questions in one go, so let me tackle them one by one. On question 1) In PATSTAT, we have pre-calculated the weighted technology shares for the each application based on the classification picture of each individual patent. Not on the position. This allows for mo...
by EPO / PATSTAT Support
Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:13 am
Topic: PSN_ID changed?
Replies: 3
Views: 7143

Filing date on divisional applications & new person_id's

Hello Tim, I would say that your question touches on 2 different but related issues. a) how is it possible that patent applications having a filing year < 2010 were not in PATSTAT2015 b) and the person_id's from those applications do not appear neither in the PATSTAT2015-but suddenly appear in a lat...