Search found 119 matches

by mkracker
Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:16 pm
Forum: PATSTAT Product Line
Topic: CPC class 'F21Y2115/30' empty?
Replies: 2
Views: 1658

Re: CPC class 'F21Y2115/30' empty?

Sometimes you cannot compare data from Espacenet and PATSTAT because they represent data from different points of time: Espacenet is incrementally updated daily, while PATSTAT is completely re-created 2x / year. If you are now using the latest PATSTAT 2016 Spring Edition, then in fact you see the da...
by mkracker
Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:28 pm
Topic: Help with IPC Co-Classifikation
Replies: 6
Views: 3072

Re: Help with IPC Co-Classifikation

IMO your query is fine. Just the comma at the end must be removed. And you do not need to put the attribute values in quotes because TECHN_FIELD_NR is not a string attribute but a numerical attribute.

So why are you not happy with your result?
by mkracker
Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:58 am
Topic: Help with IPC Co-Classifikation
Replies: 6
Views: 3072

Re: Help with IPC Co-Classifikation

Short answer: Have a look at table TLS230_APPLN_TECHN_FIELD, which has the data about to which degree an application is related to a technical field. This table will already solve half of your problem. This table is based on the reference table TLS901_TECHN_FIELD_IPC. The Data Catalog gives you more...
by mkracker
Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:42 am
Topic: Help with SQL query - how to retrieve year & company
Replies: 1
Views: 3139

Re: Help with SQL query - how to retrieve year & company

Yes, this looks good. Nevertheless, here a slightly adapted version: SELECT tls201_appln.*, tls207_pers_appln.*, tls206_person.* FROM tls201_appln JOIN tls207_pers_appln ON tls207_pers_appln.appln_id = tls201_appln.appln_id JOIN tls206_person ON tls206_person.person_id = tls207_pers_appln.person_id ...
by mkracker
Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:13 am
Topic: Help needed to find numerical data about patent applications
Views: 1341

Re: Help needed to find numerical data about patent applicat

Yes, this is doable with PATSTAT. A query would look like this: select DISTINCT a.* -- DISTINCT to remove duplicates if applications have -- more applicants from the requested country from tls201_appln a join tls207_pers_appln pa on a.appln_id = pa.appln_id join tls206_person p on pa.person_id = p.p...
by mkracker
Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:56 am
Topic: Application numbers pre 2002?
Views: 2255

Re: Application numbers pre 2002?

There are several online tools at the EPO where you can retrieve EP applications: - Espacenet - European Patent Register In PISE (Patent Information Services for Experts): - Global Patent Index - European Full text Search - European Patent Bulletin Online - PATSTAT Online (http://www.epo.org/searchi...
by mkracker
Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:34 am
Topic: Question in terms of IPC classification on Patstat
Views: 1571

Re: Question in terms of IPC classification on Patstat

Hi Torben, I suppose by "main IPC class" you mean the "most representative" of the IPC symbols. Of all the IPCs assigned, there should always be a "first" IPC (IPC_POSITION = 'F'). However, its meaning depends on the office: I know that for German publications (and I th...
by mkracker
Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:16 pm
Topic: Identifying priority filings
Replies: 2
Views: 1864

Re: Identifying priority filings

You mention several similar, but distinctive data items. Please let me explain each of them: EARLIEST_PAT_PUBLN_ID, EARLIEST_PUBLN_DATE, EARLIEST_PUBLN_YEAR in table TLS201_APPLN: An application can have multiple publication, like first A2, the A3, followed by B1 and finally B8. These attributes sim...
by mkracker
Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:18 am
Topic: Help with SQL query - Multi-part identifier
Replies: 3
Views: 3765

Re: Help with SQL query - Multi-part identifier

I assume that when you write "insert another row per assigned Patent-IPC " you mean that you want additional columns for each IPC symbol of an application. I can imagine that this is possible with SQL, but it would be quite tricky. Anyway,I would discourage you to do so, because that is no...
by mkracker
Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:12 am
Topic: Help with SQL query - Multi-part identifier
Replies: 3
Views: 3765

Re: Help with SQL query - Multi-part identifier

Hi Moos, Bad news: I cannot comprehend your query. In fact, I never saw a query with 7 nested(!) subqueries and I cannot imagine that this is ever necessary. Good news: Your information need is quite typical and you can solve it in a much easier way. Instead of analysing your query I propose one whi...